PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football Trade Question

Ponks
10-23-2004, 12:16 PM
Hey All,

I'm in a Fantasy football league with my family. I've never really paid that much attention to football until this year. I'm starting to learn a lot of the players, but I still don't know a lot. Anyways my Uncle has been proposing trades to me for the past week and most of them have been pretty awful however he just offered me an interesting one.

This is a large league where you start a QB, 2/3 RB, 3/2 WR (If 2 RB then 3 WR, or vice versa), 1 TE, 1 Kicker, and 1 Defense/Special Teams.

I have 2 good running backs with Westbrook and Deuce McAllister, and 2 good WR with Hines Ward and Deion Branch (please get healthy for next week). My other options for WR are Johnnie Morton, Ike Hilliard, and Marty Booker.

Anyways here's the trade. He offered me Donald Driver (Good GB WR) and Eric Johnson (#1 TE) for Westbrook and my current TE of Freddie Jones. I'm really thinking about doing this.

My replacement running back would be either Richie Anderson or McGahee Willis. I'm gonna see if I can trade Chad Pennington for another RB, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get too much there.

Anyways, what you guys think? If you need some more info, let me know.

Thanks
Ponks

Mr biggums
10-23-2004, 12:35 PM
So you're giving up a top 15 back for what exactly?

Driver isn't an upgrade to ward (maybe branch since the pats spread the ball around) and Eric Johnson is not going to put up stellar numbers in the niners offense.

Don't do it unless serious injury strikes ward or branch. You're other RB options arn't that great.

Ponks
10-23-2004, 12:43 PM
I'm glad you posted because like I said I don't know that much about Fantasy Football and I've never done a trade before. Johnson is the #1 TE right now, is he really not that good?? I'd lose some in terms of running backs maybe like 6-7 avg pts, and I'd gain some at WR. I could start 3 WR with Branch, Ward, and Driver. Driver would replace Morton or Marty Booker and I gain some points there. On average I also gain like 8-10 points at TE.

So it seems like on average this would be a good trade, unless Johnson has been getting really lucky so should I expect him to taper off or what?

Just curious on this all!

Thanks
Ponks

cookieb
10-23-2004, 01:22 PM
No way do you make this trade, your numbers are way wrong, depending on scoring, you loose, potentially 10-15 points at RB, gain nothing at WR and get an improvement at TE of 40-50 yards a game

How big is this league? There have to be better recievers somewhere unless the league is huge.

Westbrook and Deuce are untouchable on your team

Ponks
10-23-2004, 01:47 PM
We have 14 people in the league. Top 3 from each dividion make the playoffs. I'm in second in my division right now but I expect to lose my game tomorrow going against my Dad who is undefeated. Culpepper is just too damn good, I'm going to have to hope he gets injured or something. Anyways, How do I lose 10-15 points at RB, I only calculate about 6-8?? I gain some at WR I'd estimate that at like 4. And TE improves about 8 points from what I see.

Maybe the way my league is done the scoring system is different??

This is at CBS Sportsline.

Thanks for the help all, just trying to understand!

Ponks

mack23
11-10-2004, 03:07 PM
Besides Hines Ward your receivers blow, so it's time to trade Westbrook or McGahee for a good WR. Forget about TEs they are worthless. McGahee is real hot right now on a suspect team so I would trade him while his value is high. You should be able to get someone up to as good as Darrell Jackson or Torry Holt for McGahee right now. Good luck.

-Mack

SCfuji
11-11-2004, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
TEs they are worthless

[/ QUOTE ]
Antonio Gates has been very productive all season for my team.

1)Keep westbrook;
2)You wont get anything for pennington;
3)Keep McGahee;
4)Run a 3RB/2WR roster and you will do just fine.

DonWaade
11-17-2004, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Johnson is the #1 TE right now

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of league are you playing in where he is humber 1?

Michael Davis
11-17-2004, 02:52 AM
ABSOLUTELY do not make this trade. This is a huge ripoff. This guy is offering you complete trash for a quality RB.

You should be starting 3 RBs and only 2 WR if you can anyways. McGahee should definitely be in your starting lineup. Ike Hilliard and Marty Booker should be cut immediately. Your 2nd WR is terrible, you should not even consider starting a 3rd.

Eric Johnson is not the #1 TE. He is a solid option, but essentially you would be trading Westbrook for Eric Johnson and this is really bad.

You really don't need another RB, I think you are underrating McGahee. You do need another WR but not if it costs you a RB.

-Michael

Ponks
11-30-2004, 12:00 AM
This post is like a month old, so he was a month ago in terms of points. Dont worry I didnt trade and my team panned out pretty good.

Westbrook, McAllister, McGahee, Ward, and finally Deion Branch is back.

Ponks

Ponks
11-30-2004, 12:03 AM
Yah McGahee turned around nicely from not playing to 100 yards/week with some TD's.

Ponks