PDA

View Full Version : How should I have played this turn and river?

Ptolemy
10-23-2004, 09:42 AM
No major reads on CO and button other than they were loose. Yes, they were willing to give their money away but not THAT willing I thought.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (21.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (16.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Again, here is where I froze, capped twice and they are still along for the ride. QQ, AA, 88 are possible (even another KK I guess) by at least one player, but so are AK, AQ and 99-JJ, so I went into calldown mode.

River: (22.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 22.75 BB

parappa
10-24-2004, 05:36 AM
I think you have to bet the river. The only hand that you can give credit for that beats you is AA, because you can never put somebody on quads. I can see calling the turn because it looks extremely likely that someone has an 8 on the flop. But it no longer looks like that on the river.

topspin
10-24-2004, 11:08 AM
You should edit out the action after your river check in these sorts of hands; the rest of the action may skew your replies.

You can't put anyone on an 8 given the preflop action; more likely you're up against AA-JJ or A/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Jamming the flop was good. Calling the turn is fine since you're now only ahead of JJ, and AKs is seeming less likely after a non-spade falls and the action's still hot and heavy. River is essentially a blank given the hands your opponents could have, so I think checking again is good.

JoshuaD
10-24-2004, 11:10 AM
I think you should have lead out with a bet on the turn. What's the point in capping the flop if you're just gonna check/call to the end?

topspin
10-24-2004, 12:25 PM
Oops, I missed the turn check-call. Yes, you should lead the turn, and just call when it's 2 more bets back to you.