PDA

View Full Version : Slowplaying...uh oh

randomfish
10-23-2004, 09:41 AM
$0.05/$0.10 on Prima, 10-handed.

Hero is CO with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.

UTG calls, 2 folds, MP1 calls, 2 folds, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB folds (!!).

Flop (6 SB): 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (5 players)

SB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets, Button calls, SB <font color="red">raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls, Button folds.

Turn (6.5 BB): K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 players)

SB bets, UTG calls, Hero <font color="red">raises</font>, SB <font color="red">3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero <font color="red">caps</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

River (18.5 BB): A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 players)

SB bets, UTG folds, Hero <font color="red">raises</font>, SB <font color="red">3-bets</font>, Hero <font color="red">caps</font>, SB calls.

With a gutshot as the only worrisome draw on the flop I felt like waiting until the turn to telegraph my hand, hoping to get the Ax or middle pairs a little more committed to the pot.

On the turn, I thought about slowing down, but didn't really believe JT would raise the flop.

I know the usual mantra is "don't slowplay bottom set". Was this a fishy play in this spot?

Gatts
10-23-2004, 11:13 AM
No, he doesn't have JT. He has AK/AQ/A6. No need to cap the river.

You played it fine except for the river cap.

zephed56
10-23-2004, 11:16 AM
novice advice to follow...
I have almost entirely stopped slowplaying my hands. I would have 3-bet, after all SB seems pretty willing to pay. But you did have some chance of keeping the button in. I would have expected Button to call.

I don't think JT would have check-raised. I would guess probably two pair (A6 or Q6, maybe AQ) or top pair good kicker. I'm gonna guess you lost this hand, I think SB has aces full of something vs your sixes full.

randomfish
10-23-2004, 09:22 PM
Turns out SB had ATs and MHIG. It's the damndest thing with these nanolimits, I'm finding it very hard to figure out where to bet for value and where to slow down.

the_rookie
10-23-2004, 10:12 PM
heh some people check-raise with mediocre hands. I would've just called the river too.

Klak
10-23-2004, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Turns out SB had ATs and MHIG. It's the damndest thing with these nanolimits, I'm finding it very hard to figure out where to bet for value and where to slow down.

[/ QUOTE ]

its usully best to assume that they have nothing and always value bet.

10-24-2004, 01:06 AM
If you watch the pros, they don't slow play much. In most cases, they go ahead and make a bet. You are asking for trouble by slowplaying a hand. At the limits you play, you'll get callers even if you bet.