PDA

View Full Version : 15-30 Pre Flop Woes!!!!

hbgolfpro
10-23-2004, 07:48 AM
The last 4 days my sessions have averaged appx. 6-7 hrs. This may sound nuts, but in these past 4 sessions...not counting the blinds....I have voluntarily entered the pot a grand total of 6 times. I have never heard of running this poorly preflop for this many hands. 25-30 hrs of play.....30 hands an hour or so....and I have played 6 hands. Has anyone ever had this run of cards? Am I doing something wrong? Please any constructive comments welcome. Thank you....

hbgolfpro
10-23-2004, 08:15 AM
Oh....I almost forgot. Of those 6 hands I lost 5 of them. I am down about 2 grand in these afformentioned 4 sessions.

Michael Davis
10-23-2004, 08:19 AM
My hyperbole alert is going off.

You are either exaggerating or you are really poor.

-Michael

hbgolfpro
10-23-2004, 08:20 AM
Thank you for the constructive comment.

IlliniRyRy
10-23-2004, 08:58 AM
He has a point though, the chances that you were just unlucky for that long a period of time are absolutely astronomical. It's very likely that you're playing too tight, maybe you should post your starting hand requirements here, in particular what the best hands are that you still throw away.

stoxtrader
10-23-2004, 09:08 AM
if you are playing decent poker, i would think this is statistically impossible. pokertacker screenshot please?

Michael Davis
10-23-2004, 09:12 AM
How do you expect to get "constructive comments" on a whining post in which you make the absurd comment that over 4 sessions of playing 6-7 hours (24 hours minimum total) you played six hands?

I will amend my statement. If you were telling the truth, my only constructive statement is that you should quit poker immediately. It is impossible that you didn't have at least 6 times that number of playable hands.

-Michael

hbgolfpro
10-23-2004, 09:23 AM
Guys I promise you...with complete honesty.....it has been 4 days of J4, K6 and 93. I know this sounds nuts. How do you think I feel blinding away 1500 bucks? Remember this....people tend to exagerate their winnings and good play.....not their losses.

hbgolfpro
10-23-2004, 09:27 AM
Mr. Davis....I am a relatively new poster on these forums. I joined here to learn and take part in an intelligent and fun environment. You calling my post whining and absurd is absolutely unfair. Your attitude is a great way to encourage new poker players to join this site and participate.

chesspain
10-23-2004, 09:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My hyperbole alert is going off.

You are either exaggerating or you are really poor.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

I see you are familiar with hbgolfpro.

Steve Giufre
10-23-2004, 09:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I doing something wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are really looking for advice and not just an excuse to vent, then post a sitaution that came up over the past few days that you didnt know how to handle. Your post was ridiculous. Yes everybody has ran bad, no there is nobody who has ever played that few hands in that period of time. Congrats you are the first. Better luck.