PDA

View Full Version : Ace Eight Offsuit

wuarhg
10-23-2004, 07:00 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 folds, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

Nick Royale
10-23-2004, 09:05 AM
I would have checked on the flop hoping to get raised from late position, this protect your hand much better. If all behind checks thru, I would have bet out on the turn if a not to scary card falls.

cab4656
10-23-2004, 12:39 PM
Checking the flop would be a bad idea. There are so many cards that can hurt you that giving a free one could be disastrous. Your TPTK is most likely the best hand. The pot isn't huge, so simply betting out is a fine way to protect your hand.

You played this fine. Standard.

Greg J
10-23-2004, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have checked on the flop hoping to get raised from late position, this protect your hand much better. If all behind checks thru, I would have bet out on the turn if a not to scary card falls.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you are a little off here. Protecting your hand involves betting an amount that makes it incorrect for opponents to call. The bigger the pot, the bigger the bet needs to be to protect your hand. As this pot in this hand is relatively small, betting does a good job of hand protection in this instance.

Entity
10-23-2004, 12:56 PM
Anything you're wondering? This hand looks fine.

Rob

wuarhg
10-23-2004, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anything you're wondering? This hand looks fine.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing special! I just find myself in these situations alot and I often lose to someone who's been calling down with an overpair or two pair. For instance, I just played a hand where I had KQ in early, I limped and button raised, I called. Flop comes K 4 2, I bet, he raises and I 3-bet and he calls. I bet turn and river and he calls me down with AKs. Those kind of plays make me feel like I played it wrong.

But I guess the downswing I am having enhances this effect, Great replies! /images/graemlins/smirk.gif