PDA

View Full Version : At least 20% bigger pots on friday night

Belok
10-23-2004, 04:00 AM
This is the first time i've played friday night limit, but it has been insanely good for my bankroll.

While playing i felt like I was losing...
My aces are 1 for 3, my kings and queens are 0 for 1 and 0 for 1.

The pots im winning which would usually be 5-9BBs are shooting to 10-15BBs...

Is this regular?

phixxx
10-23-2004, 04:09 AM
luck police

Belok
10-23-2004, 04:39 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (20 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (15 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (20 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 23 BB

....lol

busguy
10-23-2004, 12:01 PM
You mean how poorly you played the hand . . . and still managed to win it. . . yeah that's pretty LOL.

Oh and yes Friday and Saturday nights (especially on Party) bring out the Alcoholic species of fish.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif busguy

cab4656
10-23-2004, 12:07 PM
Variance is bigger. For all the good Friday nights, there are just as many bad ones. Yesterday I got crushed for -83 BB (though this is playing 2/4, which isn't micro, the games get just as crazy).

banditdad
10-23-2004, 12:09 PM
I'm not going to comment on your play since you're probably one of the guys who I got sucked out to last night. Yes there do seem to be bigger swings on Fri &amp; Sat night. More people playing the ATWD &amp; ATWDS and hitting their outs on the river.

Don't get overconfident, (or do get overconfident if you are at my table), it can swing down just as easily as up. I'm going to have to spend all day winning back the 75BB I lost last night and probably give it all back this evening. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

SomethingClever
10-23-2004, 12:26 PM
I wouldn't recommend pushing AKo that hard when you're unimproved against a field of 5 that simply won't fold.

I'd play it this way against 2 or 3 other opponents, max.

Belok
10-23-2004, 01:29 PM
I only played it that way because earlier the same kind of thing happened, except instead of hitting on the river, i hit the flop.
Bet, 4 callers.
Turn, Bet, 4 callers.
Turn, Bet, 4 folders.

Same people were in this hand.

maryfield48
10-23-2004, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I only played it that way because earlier the same kind of thing happened, except instead of hitting on the river, i hit the flop.
Bet, 4 callers.
Turn, Bet, 4 callers.
Turn, Bet, 4 folders.

Same people were in this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a pretty big "except".

Belok
10-23-2004, 03:08 PM
The point was that they were passive on the river, it may have been a wrong move, but against passive river fish, it couldnt have been that bad.

Danenania
10-23-2004, 03:25 PM
You should check the turn in this hand.