PDA

View Full Version : QTs -- Good spot for CR Semibluff...?

El Dukie
10-23-2004, 02:58 AM
Live 15-30, great game, with one LAG who's keeping it that way. He's not a complete maniac, but this kindly gent will open-raise with just about anything from any position (J4o, J6o in MP, A4o & A7s in EP), though he'll slow down a bit if there are limpers in the pot. I've seen him cold-call on the button with 23s (which won), and 3-bet a tight EP raiser preflop with KQo (he lost to AK, no shock there). He's also pretty aggressive on the flop, but appears to slow down a bit on the turn/river.

I'm in the BB this particular hand, and get dealt Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG (way too loose, but not nearly as aggressive as LAG1) limps in, it's folded to LAG1 in MP, and he raises. The button, who gives LAG1's raise absolutely no respect, cold-calls. I pay my extra $15, because I give LAG1's raise little respect, and UTG calls as well. Four to the flop for 8sb.

The flop is K /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, giving me the flush draw. I consider betting out, but I'm quite certain that LAG1 will bet if checked to, and I'd like to see what develops. I check. UTG checks. LAG1 bets. Button folds. I call at this point, because I don't really want to lose UTG. He obliges by calling.

The turn is 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif, putting another potential flush draw out there, but meaning that if LAG1 was doing his typical raise-with-a-cruddy-ace, then he probably hasn't hit his big card. Okay, he might have a King, but I really don't think so. (Y'all can see this coming a mile away, can't you? Tommy Angelo I'm not, obviously.... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif)

I check, UTG checks, LAG1 bets, and I pop it with nothing but a flush draw. I'm quite certain that UTG will fold a non-powerhouse hand, because he respects my raises. (Or at least he did before this hand. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif) He does. I think that LAG1 -- who has shown an ability to slow down on the turn and even fold if he thinks he's beat -- will also muck a weak hand. He probably would have. Instead he 3-bets me. Okay. So maybe he does have a King. Let me think here... Ah, yes. This wasn't one of his typical open-raise-with-garbage hands. He had a limper already in the pot. So he probably needed some semblance of a hand to raise. What the hell was I thinking? I had a good read on his play, and I completely ignored it and tried to get fancy.

Okay, so I'm at least getting a great price on my call at better than 10-1. I'm quite certain he's got at least KJ, more likely KQ or AK, with an outside chance of AA or KK. If I hit a Queen I can fold. But if I hit a diamond.... I call his 3-bet. River is 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Check-bet-raise-call. Mike l would be proud. MHIG. He shows AK with A /images/graemlins/club.gif. Don't think he put me on diamonds when I checkraised the turn with no hand. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I got real lucky.

FWIW, UTG claimed he threw away A4, so if I had just called the turn on my draw, he might have come along and I might've picked up a bet or two from him on the river when he made a str8. Against an aggressive player like LAG1, I think I should have just called the turn and tried to hit my hand.

Thoughts?

elysium
10-23-2004, 03:21 AM
hi duke

you get these. what did you do? check-raise the turn? yeah gee, look at that. well.

you get these. yeah duke, it's these. these are the ones you get. popped it, huh? well.

bernie
10-23-2004, 04:21 AM
I think you played it fine. Sometimes you get 3 bet when doing it.

b