PDA

View Full Version : mucka flush

Tommy Angelo
10-23-2004, 02:04 AM
Full $20-40 at the Mirage. Two seats behind me is Gabe and two seats behind him is Clarkmeister. Good game except that I'd folded about 80 straight hands and lobbied twice in between so by my reckoning I'd saved about 100 bucks over what it would have cost me at home to have chips on the table and not see a flop for like a week.

Okay so maybe I was getting a little tired. I'd been playing hard all day and I was up a bunch. But now on a drippy downturn of no starters or flops or spunk of any kind really. Which is fine. Just sitting there. Oh, my turn? I fold.

The guy on my right, the first thing he ever said to me in his entire life, was after I'd been in the game for 30 folds and one lobby break, he said, almost in sympathy, on my small blind, after a bunch of people limped and you guess it I folded, he said, "Are you EVER going to play a hand?" I answered an earnest no, and went back to folding.

Then I got AQ of diamonds. The guy who raised in front of me hadn't been playing any hands either. I flat called with two players behind me. They both folded, both blinds called, and four of us saw the flop.

K-J-x all diamonds.

Three checks to me, and I checked.

The turn card paired the king.

I really played this hand bad. That's why I quit soon after.

Both blinds checked and the preflop raiser bet. I called. The SB called and the BB folded. So far I think I played it just fine.

The river was the nine of diamonds. The SB checked, the preflop raiser bet, and had this hand happened at any other time during this trip I would have flat called the river. But no like a tiring dolt I raised. The SB folded, the preflop raiser reraised, and I was left humming one of my songs while I mucked.

I slid over to the $10-20 game in an open seat right next to Ed Miller so I could watch him fold for a while before I called it a night. It's a night.

Tommy

Evan
10-23-2004, 02:25 AM
I'm assuming that you put the preflop raiser on JJ. Any particular reason you thought he'd check the flop with a set?

Clarkmeister
10-23-2004, 11:34 AM
The flop check was terrible, especially since you had all the idiots involved in this hand. They'll call anything, but you've got to give them a chance.

I agree with your fold in the river. That guy had an ace high flush beat.

Mikey
10-23-2004, 01:25 PM
"Then I got AQ of diamonds. The guy who raised in front of me hadn't been playing any hands either. I flat called with two players behind me."

I would have folded preflop.

SoBeDude
10-23-2004, 06:04 PM
Wow I woulda lost so much more money.

I'm 3betting preflop, betting the flop and raising the turn.

And then the pot is so big I'd have had to called on the river. But maybe I fold to his 5 bet on the turn.

-Scott

Lawrence Ng
10-23-2004, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The SB folded, the preflop raiser reraised, and I was left humming one of my songs while I mucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

10-20 Last night.

Solid Player raises UTG, 4 call, and I call 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the button. Both blinds call.

Flop comes 4-4-10 Rainbow. UTB bets, 2 callers, I call, blinds fold

Turn comes 6. UTG bets, all fold to me and I raise. UTG calls.

River comes K. UTG bets, I raise, he re-raise. I fold.

Poker god say: "Punish the doubledown hand with 2 out beat on river you bad boy!"

Pot-A
10-23-2004, 08:07 PM
...like a tiring dolt I raised. The SB folded, the preflop raiser reraised, and I was left humming one of my songs while I mucked.

So... did they actually look at you like you're from mars? Heh heh.

I'm confused... you should be mucking a flush when you should, but only if you're running good. Sigh. Where is my walkman...

andyfox
10-23-2004, 11:16 PM
With no malice intended, cold-callers deserve every 2-out bad beat they get. Especially when they do it with 6 high.

andyfox
10-24-2004, 12:00 AM
He's a Vegas tighty. They never bet a set on the flop. Then they explain afterwards, for fifteen minutes, why it was so brilliant.

andyfox
10-24-2004, 12:02 AM
What about Tommy's river raise? Would this guy bet 3 kings into the 4-flush on board?

It's starting to worry me when I would play every street in a hand different than Tommy.

Evan
10-24-2004, 12:08 AM
Umm...okay. I've never been to Vegas, are all games out there this weak or just the mid/high games?

andyfox
10-24-2004, 12:16 AM
They're very passive. And they pride themselves on being analytical. They consider it a crime against humanity to do anything with a set until the turn.

Yobz
10-24-2004, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
10-20 Last night.

Solid Player raises UTG, 4 call, and I call 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the button. Both blinds call.

[/ QUOTE ]

your really folding a full house in a 15BB pot for 2BB? thats 7.5-1, if this happened 8.5 times, you dont tihnk you would win at least once?

andyfox
10-24-2004, 12:39 AM
Lots and lots of players I play against I'd fold here for the 3rd bet on the river.

SA125
10-24-2004, 12:45 AM
With apologies for aiding and abetting Lawrence's hijacking of Tommy's thread. Lawrence, you're an experienced and knowledgable player, but folding there for 1 bet?

Diplomatdcm
10-24-2004, 01:23 AM
then y not 3 bet bluff them more?

elindauer
10-24-2004, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Both blinds checked and the preflop raiser bet. I called. The SB called and the BB folded. So far I think I played it just fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the *&@$%( are you talking about? Am I just too drunk after the Sox win or what? I mean, I'm blasted, out of it, drunk as a skunk. You should see the crap typing I keep backspacing and reattempting. And yet, even in this stupor, I feel obligated to note that your play to this point is downright absurd. Am I the only person that sees this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here.

OK, let's try to retype that. This time, no backspaces...

What the *@$%% are you takling about? Am i just too drunk after the Sox win of what? I mean, I'm blaste, okt uf oit , drunk as a sknink. Yo ushould seee th crap nyping I keep backlspicing and reattimpting. and yjt, even in this stupor, I feel obligate to note that your play to this point is bonrigth absurd. Am I the only preson that sees this? I feel like I'm taking crazsy pills heer.

So, there you go. Yes, very drunk. And very confused. This is well played?? This is the guy so many think is so good? I just don't get it.

my 2 drunken cents.
Eric

andyfox
10-24-2004, 02:13 AM
'Cause their river raise is often with the nuts.

andyfox
10-24-2004, 02:16 AM
"I'm blaste, okt uf oit , drunk as a sknink. Yo ushould seee th crap nyping I keep backlspicing and reattimpting."

Sounds like poker in Sweden. Or maybe the Netherlands. In fact, I think I was in the town of okt uf oit there.

Diplomatdcm
10-24-2004, 02:26 AM
LOL, ok my fault, i assumed there was an easy explaination,
thanks

Barry
10-24-2004, 03:04 AM
I seem to remember a line from an album that's appropriate here:

"mucka flush, when you know it's no good, runnin' good!"

PokeHer
10-24-2004, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
10-20 Last night.

[/ QUOTE ]

your really folding a full house in a 15BB pot for 2BB? thats 7.5-1, if this happened 8.5 times, you dont tihnk you would win at least once?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, at borgata i once saw a guy with AK hit top pair on the river and raise and reraise the hell outta the SB who had wanted to chop with him. After 6 or so raises, he finally just called and the SB turned over 34 off which gave him the wheel. Point being why couldn't this guy have had AK? That, and always chop... karma is a bitch