PDA

View Full Version : do i bet or check/call the turn?

SCfuji
10-23-2004, 01:04 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5.66 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

River: (7.66 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 8.66 BB

i checked the turn thinking that i would call any bet. i think from one of the replies of one of my previous posts somebody suggested that i bet if i inted on calling a bet. i did pick up the flush draw, but a K had me beat. is the turned nut-flush draw a good enough reason to bet the turn here?

Nick709
10-23-2004, 01:11 AM
How about check raising the turn? I think check calling is silly, you probably still have the best hand and a draw to a better one.

SCfuji
10-23-2004, 01:16 AM
didnt think about that option /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Derek in NYC
10-23-2004, 01:17 AM
Check the turn. You may be ahead, you may be behind. There are only 2 other players in the pot with you, so there is not enough of an overlay to justify betting your draw for value. Also, if you bet and are raised, you are hating it and essentially charging yourself to draw (which you are essentially doing anyway with only 2 other people in the pot on the draw with you.) I think this is a clear check-call.

pokerkai
10-23-2004, 01:24 AM
I think thats an easy turn bet. Nobody has shown any sort of agression, your jack could easily be best and you can easily withstand any raise with your monster flush draw.

Barry
10-23-2004, 01:27 AM
There is nothing in the flop action that indicates that hero is behind here. Even if he isn't he has up to 14 outs. I'd bet here.