PDA

View Full Version : Bubble play with a short stack and marginal hands

shadow29
10-23-2004, 12:13 AM
General theory question. Let's say there are 4 players left, 3 get paid. I've got around 3000 (out of 10000). I'm tied in second in chips, with the chip leader at 3500. Short stack has 500. Blinds at 50/100. Let's say I'm on the button and UTG folds. How do I play hands like K6s? Normally, I would steal raise with this hand. However, with the short stack looking for a hand with which to go all in, I fold. Is this correct? And with what hands should I go ahead and play?

Desdia72
10-23-2004, 12:45 AM
in a recent SNG tonight, 5 handed (i know it's not 4)with blinds at 50/100 level, i'm in the BB with about 1400 in chips holding K 7o. everyone folds to the shortstack in the SB (350) who goes all-in. i immediately call and he shows up Q Q. the flop proceeds to come 7 7 x giving me trips. by the time the river hit, it either paired my King or another card on the board and gave me a fullhouse. part of the reason i called with K 7o was because the small blind player had gotten shortstacked by playing (limping, raising, and calling) with alot of hands, some of which he took too far with second best hands. my call was more based on the play of my opponent rather than things like odds. it worked out for me and i ended up placing third (lose with TP to a two to six straight on the river /images/graemlins/grin.gif).