PDA

View Full Version : two pair, monotone board

wuwei
10-22-2004, 11:55 PM
I see a lot of threads about sets and top pair on monotone flops, but not too much about two pair. Found one in the archive similar to this, but in that hand the turn wasn't a blank. So...

If I have a set, the flop's an easy 3-bet, but I don't have near as many outs to beat a flush as I would in that case.

Is this a good time for a stop n go on the turn? I was tempted to 3-bet, but it seemed a little reckless.

My opponent here is a major LAG (50% VP$IP, 20% pfr).

River check with the intention of calling one bet a good play? With an opponent like this, I really don't like a bet/fold to a raise line.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks...

MoreWineII
10-22-2004, 11:59 PM
I'm lit so take this with a grain of salt. 3-bet the flop. 3-bet the turn. You've got a great hand vs. a LAG. Make some money.

Alobar
10-23-2004, 12:07 AM
7 handed, dont open limp a hand like this, if you are going to play it, raise

3 bet the flop, why wouldnt you? The guy is a total LAG so hes prolly just holding a diamond or even nothing at all, LAGs love to get stupid on a monotone board, you stand to make alot of money. He also has posistion on you, so you have to worry about giving him the free card if you check (tho him being laggy, its likely he bets)

I agree with the river tho, You cant count on his raise telling you he has you beat, so its best to check and call

wuwei
10-23-2004, 12:17 AM
Thanks for your thoughts, guys.

Would you play it that way if the opponent was a decent player?

Alobar
10-23-2004, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for your thoughts, guys.

Would you play it that way if the opponent was a decent player?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a decent player is more likely raising an A behind you, because he wouldnt want to shut out the field on his flush draw, and since hes decent its likely any made flush he had would have been a hand hed have raised PF with or its big enough he slowplays to the turn. So I'd 3 bet him for different reasons.

Against a just a plain ole fishy id be more inclined to stop n go, because its much mor elikely they could actually have the flush, or that they would raise a flush draw.

MoreWineII
10-23-2004, 12:24 AM
I'd still prolly 3-bet the flop. Not ready to concede flush yet. If raised, call down.

Obviosuly, if you fill up, put some more bets in.