PDA

View Full Version : 3/6 party JJ

SCfuji
10-22-2004, 11:44 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP2 folds, Button folds, Hero...?

What is the turn play and what is my river play?

thanks.

MoreWineII
10-22-2004, 11:44 PM
3-bet &amp; call down from there.

Alobar
10-22-2004, 11:51 PM
I just call, its HU. He could have just picked up a draw, but he also easily could have made the straight (which you are drawing dead too) or has two pair (which gives you some outs). He could even have a set. I think if he did just pick up the draw he'll still likely bet the river even if he misses to try and bluff you off (if hes aggro enough to raise the turn on a draw then hes aggro enough to bet the river) which still nets you the same 2 bets as if you 3 bet and he folds to your river bet. you miss out on a bet the times he has A8 or like 98s, but I think its more likely he has you beat at the moment, and if you 3 bet getting capped would really suck

SCfuji
10-23-2004, 12:16 AM
there were people acting behind the villain and i felt he/she was more protecting the hand than raising a draw.

i definitely think folding would be wrong here under most circumstances, but i went with my read and followed my instincts.

Alobar
10-23-2004, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
there were people acting behind the villain and i felt he/she was more protecting the hand than raising a draw.

i definitely think folding would be wrong here under most circumstances, but i went with my read and followed my instincts.

[/ QUOTE ]

whats he protecting? top pair would have raised the flop on that logic, and most players dont hit 2nd pair on the turn and decide to protect that. I think its more likely he has one of the hands that beat you.

SCfuji
10-23-2004, 12:57 AM
i agree. its why i folded.

sublime
10-23-2004, 02:33 AM
Call and probably call, you are probably drawing very live if you are behind and you could very well still be ahead.

sublime
10-23-2004, 02:34 AM
definitely think folding would be wrong here under most circumstances, but i went with my read and followed my instincts.

What read? Where is it in your post?

Folding is wrong

pokerkai
10-23-2004, 03:17 AM
I call this down. There are so many hands your ahead of...you win this pot more then your fair share of times.