PDA

View Full Version : QTs in the SB.

bisonbison
10-22-2004, 10:58 PM
Decent table.

UTG+2 is loose-passive
MP2 is too loose and is passive preflop, but is aggressive postflop.
Mr. Baitsim is MP3.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls.

River: (8 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Can someone just tell me that/if/when I should be raising this routinely preflop? Please. This, JTs and QJs I have a hard time popping for value from the blinds.

MoreWineII
10-22-2004, 11:07 PM
Against a bunch of passive players, I'd raise this from the blinds all day long.

StellarWind
10-23-2004, 08:58 AM
Poker is a positional game. Right now your function is to provide others with good position. This may not matter hot-and-cold, but in real play you will lose many pots that you could have won from LP. I see no reason to "value raise" weak hands like these from the blinds.

chesspain
10-23-2004, 09:22 AM
I don't see the point in raising QTs/QJs from the blinds against this many limpers. Sure, the cards look pretty, but they still need a lot of help to win, and you will be out of position.

Is it possible you are being a little results-oriented here? I ask because I often feel the same way after limping from the blinds with a marginal raising hand (e.g. ATo) and then winning what feels like too small of a pot. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Michael Davis
10-23-2004, 09:32 AM
Raising this hand here can't be a big loss if at all. I'd do it sometimes, maybe 25%, just to mix it up.

-Michael

bisonbison
10-23-2004, 01:28 PM
"Is it possible you are being a little results-oriented here?"

Actually, I asked because I was six tabling, and was dealt QhTh in the SB on two tables at once and thought "there's been a lot of talk about raising suited broadways for value from the blinds, but I just don't feel comfortable here, I wonder what the board thinks."

chesspain
10-23-2004, 01:33 PM
I guess sometimes a suited Bdwy hand is just a suited Bdwy hand. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

bisonbison
10-23-2004, 01:36 PM
I guess sometimes a suited Bdwy hand is just a suited Bdwy hand.

If it makes you feel better, I was thinking about penis in vagina the whole time.