PDA

View Full Version : What happened to me?

Jman28
10-22-2004, 08:31 PM
This is about my 5th month playing online poker seriously. (By seriously, I mean since I've read 2+2 books and played to earn money.)

My results are fine. That's not the problem. It's just that within the last two weeks, I've become more aware of the money. The amount I make from poker is much much much more than I could make at any job I could get now (I'm in college).

So, all of a sudden I find myself hitting the cashier button after every couple tourneys to check on my progress.

In the past, I knew that it would even out, and I'd make what I always did in the long run. But my mind is taking it differently now.

It's happening in tourneys too. The bad beats bother me now, and when I draw out, I get excited. I'm getting WAY too results oriented.

While I haven't seen an effect on my ROI, I think it causes me to put in less hours because I get down about losing and don't feel like playing again. And I'm sure it'll have some effect on my game if it hasn't already.

I know that when you get your money in with the best hand, you win, no matter the actual outcome, but I don't act that way anymore.

Any helpful hints or kind words?

-Jman28

Desdia72
10-22-2004, 08:49 PM
you realized you were human.

Jman28
10-23-2004, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you realized you were human.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, yeah. I guess so.

But Sklansky (who obviously is superhuman) thinks of saved bets and bad beats taken as wins. Why can't I do it then?

Maybe David knows God. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Jman28

willie
10-23-2004, 02:20 AM
eh i'm currently swinging down again,

you just gotta suck it up and be happy that people put their money in as such dogs against you

losing sucks, especially in no limit sit and go's where one suckout can just kill you. it's a pain, but it's poker.