PDA

View Full Version : peeling stickers off of laptops help

rusty JEDI
10-22-2004, 06:32 PM
You know those little pentium, XP, and other stickers put on the laptop? My stickers are starting to peel on the corners and i want to peel them off, but i dont want that sticky residue left over. There is no way of peeling them off without leaving the residue, so here is my question....

How do you get rid of that sticky residue?

Thanks

rJ

ThaSaltCracka
10-22-2004, 06:40 PM
I am gonna give a wild guess and say try a little WD-40 on a wash cloth.

wacki
10-22-2004, 06:41 PM
Most petroleum products will do. I like to use liquid wrench or WD40. Also, sometimes waterless soap such as Permatex will work. It's pretty easy. Most of the time any liquid that isn't water based or viscous will work.

benfranklin
10-22-2004, 06:49 PM
Goo Gone is the greatest.

http://www.googone.com/gg_images/GG3_big.gif

Your supermarket should have it. If not, Home Depot or such. Also Office Depot, Office Max, etc. Cleans up everything. I've even used it to take price tags off books, and it doesn't hurt the book.

rusty JEDI
10-22-2004, 07:01 PM
Thanks. I will give it a shot.

Is there anything this forum cant give you the answer for?

rJ

ThaSaltCracka
10-22-2004, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks. I will give it a shot.

Is there anything this forum cant give you the answer for?

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest with you, probably not. I am amazed at how much the collective group of people in here know.

Ray Zee
10-23-2004, 12:41 AM
mineral spirits is best, then any alcohol stuff. rubbing alcohol, nail polish remover. etc. best to try heat first and most stuff peels right off. use a hair dryer not a blow torch. dont get pet. products on poly as it will glaze it if you dont get if off quickly. wd 40 is handy but heat is best.

shawn_p
10-23-2004, 06:34 PM
rubbing alcohol