PDA

View Full Version : Party 3/6 Q2s in the BB

Piiop
10-22-2004, 06:22 PM
Party 3/6 10-Handed. Table was pretty loose for awhile, then some people left and it tightened up, now it's back to full and going back to pretty loose.

3 limpers limp, 1 poster checks, SB completes and I check in the BB with Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Flop (6 SB): 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Ok, flush draw good. I bet out here a lot, sometimes I try to check-raise. I thought with so many people in this would be a good time to check-raise. Anyone want to just bet out?

I check, UTG bets, MP calls, everyone else folds /images/graemlins/frown.gif, I call.

UTG is loose and very passive. I don't think he would be here without a T. MP is very loose but slightly more aggressive than UTG, but still passive in general. He could be calling with a lot of junk here.

With only 2 other opponents in, the checkraise won't be for the value of the flush alone but I think my Q outs become cleaner and it's possible I could get a free card. Anyone think I should continue with the check-raise plan? Well I didn't, I just called.

Turn (4.5 BB): 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check, UTG bets, MP calls, I call. Standard.

River : 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Bet out or check-raise?

joker122
10-22-2004, 06:28 PM
I almost always bet the flop because check raises go wrong alot. I CR the river all the time probably.

chesspain
10-22-2004, 07:08 PM
Loose-passives crap themselves and pray for a free showdown when they hold TP and the river completes a possible flush draw. I would bet the river, and collect the almost certain call(s).

StellarWind
10-22-2004, 08:43 PM
Normally I would bet my flush draw. Checkraises are undependable and can knock out players when the bet comes from LP. Two factors make an exception reasonable:

1. The T9 on the board and the size of the field make a checkraise likely to succeed.

2. My queen overcard has no kicker and is also the basis of a one-card backdoor straight draw. I really don't care if I accidentally knock people out.

So checkraising is OK.

Especially if you actually do it. The flush draw alone is better than 2-1 and you also have an overcard and a backdoor straight draw. That's 13 outs if everything is clean. Easy value bet with two callers. Note that at this point with only two opponents folds are probably as valuable as calls.