PDA

View Full Version : QQ in CO - some action and a hero who wants out

Fiddler
10-22-2004, 05:37 PM
Button changed his play between being a total maniac or total LAG. SB was loose (VP$IP 51%) but mostly passive and I hadn't really noticed the other players.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (20.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (14.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero folds, ...

I tried to keep up with some other tables and felt totally lost on this one. How do I play this and where can I get away from it?

SofaCoach
10-22-2004, 05:52 PM
Normally, most would call it very weak to fold an overpair on a pretty uncoordinated board. However, I think you played it exactly right. Don't call 3 cold on the turn. One or more of those 3 opponents has 2 pair or a set, and I didn't calc but I don't think you have odds to call 3 big bets for your 2-outer.

Entity
10-22-2004, 05:53 PM
I think you folded this at just the right time. With UTG coming to life, SB deciding his hand is good, and button going nuts, I think you've got a serious case of bad reverse implied odds. Good fold.

Rob

Piiop
10-22-2004, 05:56 PM
Why did you just call the first turn bet, what was your plan after that?

Fiddler
10-22-2004, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why did you just call the first turn bet, what was your plan after that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted to at least try to get to a showdown as cheaply as possible... SB betting out was felt very suspicious compared to how he normally played.

Fiddler
10-22-2004, 06:09 PM
What about the flop and turn call? Like I replied to Piiop, I made the turn call because SB betting out was very out of the ordinary but folding for 1 BB with an overpair just feels wrong. Then again there was a good chance that the maniac would raise and who knows what SB would do then... not fun to be trapped between them. Maybe I should have raised but I'm not certain I could have folded later in the hand if I did.

Fiddler
10-23-2004, 05:34 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (20.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (14.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero folds, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (27.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 39.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB has Ks 5c (one pair, sixes).
UTG has Qd Jc (two pair, jacks and sixes).
Button has 6s Ah (three of a kind, sixes).
SB has Jh Js (full house, jacks full of sixes).
Outcome: SB wins 39.25 BB. </font>