PDA

View Full Version : inducing a bluff

02-10-2002, 08:10 AM
I will be posting a few hands over the next few from a recent 10-20 session I played at Foxwoods. It was a very interesting session with some strange plays.

IN this hand player 1 gets dealt a pair of kings with a king in the door. Player to his right bets and he raises to 20. when the error is pointed out the money is taken back, and one of the players who already folded said "know we know what he has."

By seventh street the K's are unimproved and had bet every round. There were two callers to the river. One was a loose caller who played a lot of hands. The other was on tilt. The k's checked and it was checked around. The loose caller had an uncoordinated board. The tilter had what appeared to be a broadway draw with the AJK on board on the board.

When it was checked around the K's held up. As it turns out the loose caller with an uncoordinated board had a pair of eights (his door card) and the tilter had a pair of tens in the hole.

Any comments?

Pat

02-10-2002, 09:53 PM
Pat,

I played at Foxwoods this past weekend. The games do have some strange players. The games also have some loose players.

A buddy of mine and I watched a guy give away..thats right GIVE away $500 in under an hour in a pot limit hold em game. This guy played every hand to the river, then folded the river.

You have become accustomed to playing at the Taj. The Foxwoods has some very weak players.

Best wishes and see you at the Taj the next time your there.

MK

02-11-2002, 02:36 AM
Sounds like a typical Foxwoods day.

Want to see strange????? Play the 1-5 games there.

Then you will understand why I make so much money at the lower limits.

Later,

CJ

02-11-2002, 05:46 PM

02-11-2002, 05:50 PM

02-11-2002, 06:47 PM
unfortunately no. I was not involved in the bluff inducing hand. but i ended up having one of the worst sessions i have had. that said, the games are still very profitable and i expect to get my money back and then some. The competition is pretty soft.

pat

02-11-2002, 06:49 PM
You may never see me again at the Taj since the games at foxwoods are much better! Despite my loss in the session i have no doubt that the games are much better. Of course I will always be at the Taj on Kentucky Derby and Breeders Cup weekend, since i always go to AC for these events, and usually clean up.

Pat

02-13-2002, 11:13 AM
Pat,

I plan on visiting the Foxwoods again this weekend. I only play at the Taj during the week now and Foxwoods exclusively on the weekends.

I plan to play in the small Hold Em tournamant Saturday morning and then I will play in a Hold Em ring game. Probably $5-$10 with a kill. I thought about attempting the pot limit hold em game.

Either way, I will look for you Saturday, I hope I remember who you are. I met you once at the Taj.

Best Wishes

MK

02-13-2002, 12:05 PM
Unfortunately i will not be there this saturday. its a shame but i dont get to play as much as I used to. damn marriage; its tough to play cards

with handcuffs.

Pat