PDA

View Full Version : AJs - SB - reraise preflop? two pair on the flop

scandal
10-22-2004, 04:27 PM
PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Should I have re-raised here?

Flop: (8 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls.

This is pretty standard, I think. MP3 was the lone preflop raiser, so I figured he would likely bet out on the flop, allowing me to check-raise.

Turn: (7 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP3 calls.

So far so good. No club and I doubt anyone has me beat.

River: (10 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

No aggression yet so I bet out. BB raises on the river, and at these limits I'm likely beat so I just make a crying call.

Final Pot: 14 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 14 BB, between Hero and BB.</font> <font color="blue"> </font> <font color="blue"> </font>

uuDevil
10-22-2004, 05:19 PM
Looks fine to me. I wouldn't reraise preflop out of the SB w/ AJs unless you thought the raiser was raising with relatively weak hands.

CWsports
10-22-2004, 06:01 PM
MP3 raised preflop. I would have bet the flop with your strong hand and tried to trap BB and UTG+1. With the size of the pot there's a good chance BB and UTG+1 will call your single bet if they hit any part of the flop. If MP3 then raises you can 3-bet the flop and force BB and UTG+1 to call 2 more bets each. This way you get 3 bets in on the flop instead of just 2.

If you'd like you can also just call the raise after you bet out on the flop and you can check raise the turn on the bigger betting round. I personally would 3 bet the flop and then bet the turn.