PDA

View Full Version : Drafts for my shot glass coasters - Comments?

Fins
10-22-2004, 03:42 PM
Ordering custom chipcos thru homepokerchips.com & could really use some feedback on the draft I just rec'd. All comments welcome and I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Here's the draft to focus on a design: PDF Draft 1a (http://www.mindspring.com/~beaver/tfc/images/review_01a.pdf)

Here' the same thing but as a gif file if it's easier though the images aren't as good: gif Draft 1a (http://www.mindspring.com/~beaver/tfc/images/review_01a.gif)

The first one's a bit much for me even though when printed the rays will be more subtle than on my monitor.

I'm leaning towards the second chip (middle) with two changes... no rays & having the left-right overlays be queens so the three overlays will be me, wife & daughter... or could go with Jack-left, Queen-Right & King up top... or just leave it at Kings?? Any thoughts?

Originally the text at the top was "The Finnegan Club" which the artist suggested just "Finnegan's". The original text was there mainly to explain the logo (i.e. the Finnegan Club) which we like and was the basis for the design. Can't decide if I like the change... any comments?

I also like the 3rd one (on the right) but feel the king is a little plain... thought about suggetsing these changes if this is the design I choose:
Possible Changes (http://www.mindspring.com/~beaver/tfc/images/Rev1a-3alt.jpg)

One other thing is that the King is the King of Hearts... and since The Finnegan Club _is_ The King of Clubs not sure it's appropriate but it does fit a little better than Kc with a sword?? Okay as is or see if it can be changed??

Thanks,
Fins

FYI - The set will be 5 diff Chips ($1, $5, $25, $100 & $500)... just using the $5 Chip to work out the design.

Johnny5
10-22-2004, 04:26 PM
Fins,

Nice design! #2 is my favorite & I like it with the rays. I also like your JQK idea instead of the 3 kings - but either way it looks good.

I prefer "Finnegan's" to "The Finnegan Club" for sure. I get the 'club' reference, but is it really necessary?

I personally wouldn't care which king is used, as long as you like it.

The only concern I have is if there is enough contrast with the red kings on the orange background.

J5

oumagic
10-22-2004, 04:36 PM
I like the 2nd chip, I'd leave the rays and change the Kings to J,Q,K. How many are you getting total? What is the cost going to be per chip before shipping? Thanks!

Fins
10-22-2004, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fins,

Nice design! #2 is my favorite & I like it with the rays. I also like your JQK idea instead of the 3 kings - but either way it looks good.

I prefer "Finnegan's" to "The Finnegan Club" for sure. I get the 'club' reference, but is it really necessary?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. The artist feels the same way that most people will get it. When you say is it really necessary are you refering to having the word "club" or having text at all on the top (i.e. take out "Finnegan's")?

[ QUOTE ]
The only concern I have is if there is enough contrast with the red kings on the orange background.

J5

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a similar concern. The print out is acceptable on my printer. I'm happy with it being subtle as long as it's legible... my first color combination I had done printed out like a tie-dye t-shirt /images/graemlins/frown.gif The artist is leaning against the overlay as too much detail is lost but I don't know as I kind of like it.

Looking at your chips & print quality do you think legible or tie-dye if the overlay is used?

Thanks for your feedback,
Fins

Fins
10-22-2004, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like the 2nd chip, I'd leave the rays and change the Kings to J,Q,K. How many are you getting total? What is the cost going to be per chip before shipping? Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks oumagic,
I'm getting 775 chips with the folowing breakdown:
$1 x 105
$5 x 255
$25 x 255
$100 x 105
$500 x 55

Planning for tourneys & low limit cash games where I'd used the $25 as 25¢ & $5 as 50¢ hence heavy in these denoms.

The cost to my door should be $1.32 per chip. The S&H will be $37 ($0.98/chip + $199 art/setup + $30 xtra (5th) chip + S&H).... who knows maybe I'll get a wild hair & bump it to 1000 lowering the base chip cost to $0.93 /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I appreciate your feedback,
Fins

EarlCat
10-22-2004, 05:47 PM
Very cool.

I like the third chip best, but perhaps use the Kc pic instead of the Kh. I know the club is in your logo and everything, but different suits for different denominations might be cool too.

You also might think about not printing the $5 (or whatever denomination) on the actual chips...that way you can change what they're worth in the future and just go by color.

Fins
10-22-2004, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Very cool.

I like the third chip best, but perhaps use the Kc pic instead of the Kh. I know the club is in your logo and everything, but different suits for different denominations might be cool too.

You also might think about not printing the $5 (or whatever denomination) on the actual chips...that way you can change what they're worth in the future and just go by color.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Earlcat,
Yeah, I'm torn between #2 & #3. I don't know how much the art can change from chip to chip... more change = more $ but diff suits could prob be done. Good suggestion but I'll probably stick with the logo on all. I think though for #3 using diff cards (e.g. A=$1, J=$5, Q=$25 etc...) would incur additional art fees.

Appreciate the feedback,
- Fins

mrjetguy
10-22-2004, 09:25 PM
I really like chip #2. The rays add something unique, so personally I like them. Of course, you are the one using them for the rest of you life... so I'll let you decide /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MIKSEN
10-23-2004, 12:25 AM
#2 is the one I like, I would have two suggestions for your review,
1. Font on Atlanta, Ga is diiferent than the rest sticks out to me alittle. maybe consider changinf to the same font
2. I see you will play different games with theses chips, not to mention different games in the future, maybe consider killing the denoms & list them in each game individually.. either way they are very nice

Fins
10-23-2004, 01:13 AM
I'm leaning towards #2 with some minor changes. Thanks for the font comment as I was thinking the same thing.

Are your chips in yet? Figured you'd have them by now... or anyday now. Can't wait to see pics!

- Fins

Spook
10-23-2004, 09:00 AM
The different kings/queens/jacks represent different historical figures, see if you can find out more and if this fits your family/club idea.
I think the king of hearts is Alexander.

warewulf
10-23-2004, 02:58 PM
Great design with the suicide king! This is very similar to what I was going to try to get Blue Chip to do right before I went in on the suits buy. I even own suicideking.net! I think it looks great the way it is. I like the suits on the kings chest and the F is a nice touch.

warewulf

Johnny5
10-23-2004, 11:13 PM
Fins,

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks. The artist feels the same way that most people will get it. When you say is it really necessary are you refering to having the word "club" or having text at all on the top (i.e. take out "Finnegan's")?

[/ QUOTE ]
Leave it as "Finnegan's" for sure (IMO).

[ QUOTE ]
Looking at your chips & print quality do you think legible or tie-dye if the overlay is used?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd suggest going the legible route. You have enough going on already..

As for the value printed on the chips...I guess i'm just not in the "denom crowd". /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Your chips are gonna look sweet regardless which way you go on the minor details. <font color="brown"> It's all about the personal touch!</font>

J5