PDA

View Full Version : AJ fold on flop?

prrthd
10-22-2004, 03:36 PM
This hand was pretty tough for me. I think my pre-flop raise/call was good but when it came back to me 2 bets after the flop I had to start counting outs. I figured 3 for the two overcards and 1 for the backdoor straight draw. So 4 outs 10-to-1 odds. After the bet, call and raise on the flop I was getting 10.5-to-1 so I went ahead and called. It sure didn't feel right at the time though. Turn is standard I think and the river was a crying call.

Opinions on any street appreciated.

-Jay

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (13.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (18.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, SB folds, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 21.50 BB

btspider
10-22-2004, 03:44 PM
Fold the flop. The action is no where near finished and SB may 3-bet behind you with an overpair or he may call with a bigger Ace.

The remaining streets were fine, but its entirely possible you had the 3rd best hand here.

GrunchCan
10-22-2004, 03:52 PM
Fold the flop. You could be drawing dead to anything that's not a backdoor draw.

flair1239
10-22-2004, 04:11 PM
I am going to give you 2 outs on the flop. Your jack is completely tainted but is probably worth a .5 an out. I would give you (1 out) for your ace and a (.5 out) for your backdoor straight. (I think you need to depreciate your outs because of the flush draw.)

I know the pot is large, and it becomes obvious on the turn that they are on flush draws; but I would have folded the flop and not felt bad about it.