PDA

View Full Version : AQs and lots of action

Kyle
10-22-2004, 03:07 PM
Hello,

After I hand 80BB downswing over my last 1000 hands I am looking into my game to see if I can find any leaks. Comments would be apprecaited on the following hand.

Party 1/2 Hero is in MP+1 with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Last postion posts:

UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 limps, MP+1 bets(villian), Hero raises, everyone folds to limper who caps, Hero and MP+1 both call.

Flop: 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
limper bets, villian raises, hero 3-bets, limper calls, villian caps, everyone calls,

Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
limper checks, villian bets, hero raises, everyone calls

River: 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

limper checks, villian bets, hero folds, limper calls.

Pot=21BB

Comments below:
<font color="white"> my only thoughts on this hand are maybe call the turn instead of raise, however with the odds the pot is giving I might as well go ahead and raise for value. </font>

Entity
10-22-2004, 03:09 PM
You don't have enough callers to raise this turn. Call it.

Kyle
10-22-2004, 03:19 PM
How many would I need to raise. Five or more?

Entity
10-22-2004, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]You got it. But you've got to remember that your relative position to the bettor sucks, so calling may be the best play on this turn no matter what. It's really situational, but raising was definitely bad this time.

Rob

CWsports
10-22-2004, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I count 9 outs to the flush and 3 to the jack for a total of 12 clean outs. (46/12) - 1 = 2.8:1. Considering that you could split the pot if a J falls I believe a call or raise on the river will result in about the same EV with 3 callers in front. With 4 or more callers I raise.

Entity
10-22-2004, 03:32 PM
Whoops. Didn't see the gutshot. Listen to CW here; I was off by a bit. Either way, your raise is no good here, and you have to consider your relative position (i.e. whether you're pot building or knocking others out of the pot) in some situations.

Rob