PDA

View Full Version : 78s on Button - Lots of Action

josh1122
10-22-2004, 03:05 PM
SB here is a tight passive, but I did not know that during the hand. No reads on Co.
Anybody put in another bet on the flop or the turn, or wait until the turn to raise?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (13 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds, SB calls, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 15 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 15 BB, between CO and SB.</font>

jt1
10-22-2004, 03:09 PM
uhh, you folded two pair to one bet. Why? You don't think you have 13-1 to win that hand.

Cap the flop and lead turn if checked to you. If bet into simply call down.

BTW, this is the single greatest error you can commit. Don't fold reasonable hands in healthy pots!!!!

bisonbison
10-22-2004, 03:10 PM
cap the flop or raise the turn.

bdk3clash
10-22-2004, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
cap the flop or raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Or both, if possible. I'd slow down around a turn 3-bet.

Folding this river is terrible.

josh1122
10-22-2004, 03:13 PM
Yeah, I know this, but after a check/3bet and an uber river scare card I was feeling rather certain I was behind. I guess I'm just going back to the weak/tight days because right now 3/6 is owning me. I can agree with calling the river on 13-1 though, I guess I was just a little flustered at the time.

bisonbison
10-22-2004, 03:13 PM
Well, what I was saying was "the only way I would not cap this flop is if I believed that SB would not bet into me with a worse hand on the turn that I could raise." So calling the 3-bet pretty much means raising the turn unless the K pairs.

bdk3clash
10-22-2004, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, what I was saying was "the only way I would not cap this flop is if I believed that SB would not bet into me with a worse hand on the turn that I could raise." So calling the 3-bet pretty much means raising the turn unless the K pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know.

bisonbison
10-22-2004, 03:16 PM
I know.

Well, what I was saying is yesterday Joe Tall said he was concerned about my flop play so I'm trying to spell out my reasoning so A) that people can poop on it or B) I get taken off the watch list.

Edit:

Also, Yankees suck.

bdk3clash
10-22-2004, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, Yankees suck.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know.