PDA

View Full Version : I won the Stars $11 rebuy tourney last night

Rick Diesel
10-22-2004, 02:42 PM
Okay, technically we chopped it heads up, but it's still $6,000 in my pocket. Thanks to all the posters here for your much valued input. Congratulations also to our own fnurt who came in third place.

Huge win for me, as I cashed my online account down to $100 about 3 or 4 months ago to buy a rental property. Now back over $10,000.

Rick Diesel

SossMan
10-22-2004, 02:49 PM
Congrats, Rick!

Bigwig
10-22-2004, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Okay, technically we chopped it heads up, but it's still $6,000 in my pocket. Thanks to all the posters here for your much valued input. Congratulations also to our own fnurt who came in third place.

Huge win for me, as I cashed my online account down to $100 about 3 or 4 months ago to buy a rental property. Now back over $10,000.

Rick Diesel

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats to a fellow Pittsburgher.

I busted out around 150th or so, which stinks because I was in 12th at level 6 or so.

Sam T.
10-22-2004, 02:52 PM
Congrats on the win!!! Gotta feel great.

I hope you weren't the one to bust fnurt. Or did you attend the "I'd bust my own grandmother" school of poker? (As if there is any other...)

fnurt
10-22-2004, 02:53 PM
Nice work sir!

I am deeply offended that a heads-up chop was agreed upon when there was not even a mention of a 3-way chop while I was still alive. Oh well, nobody said I was any good at shorthanded play anyway. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

fnurt
10-22-2004, 02:54 PM
It was a hand with similarities to the final Greg Raymer - David Williams hand, and I wound up looking equally stupid (but not equally wealthy).

Rick Diesel
10-22-2004, 03:27 PM
Unfortunately I was the one to bust fnurt. I do not remember the hand, or much else about the tournament because I have been at work all day on 1.5 hours of sleep. I do remember that the other guy had about 2.1 million chips, i had 1.4 and fnurt had 1.2 when i busted him.

Rick Diesel
10-22-2004, 03:30 PM
I really didnt want to chop because I felt that I was a much better player than the other guy. He was only still in the tournament because he caught a 3 outer against me with 7 players left (AQ vs. AT). The only reason that I did end up chopping was that I was REALLY tired, and figured I should get at least a little sleep before going to work.

Hopefully tonight it will be you and I that can chop it up.

Bernas
10-22-2004, 04:06 PM
Congrats!

rachelwxm
10-22-2004, 04:47 PM
Just curious since I am new to rebuy tourny. How often does this chop happen and how is it handled technically? I mean you don't transfer money from your account to anotherone and tourny history does not have a winner, right?

Rick Diesel
10-22-2004, 05:01 PM
From my experiences, the chop happens more often that not. Since I started playing at Stars, I have been heads up in big multiplayer tournaments 7 times. 5 times we chopped, and the other 2 I won outright.

To chop, you send an email to PokerStars support with the subject "URGENT, chop requested at tournament 1234567". Support will show up (usually takes them a couple minutes, during which time both players sit out) and help you negotiate the deal. Once the deal is completed, you finish playing (for the TLB points), and then the agreed amounts are transferred by Stars support.

rachelwxm
10-22-2004, 05:06 PM
Would the deal always be proportional to your chip count? When you mean negociate, you actually decide how to reflect the fact one player is better Heads Up than the other one?

Steve Chase
10-22-2004, 06:07 PM
I found Pokerstars $11 rebuy tourney at night is slipping these days. There are used to be around 1000 players and the top prize is around $10,000. Why there are less players play these days? If when people play, I found there are less people rebuy now. It used to be a lot aggressive plays before rebuy period ends. Now most table I sit are really tight even in the rebuy period.

Rick: do you consistantly make profit in your tourney plays?

I like to play tourneys. But it seems to me it is harder to make consistant profit in tourneys than in ring games.
What is your opinion?

fnurt
10-22-2004, 06:15 PM
The rebuy period wasn't particularly interesting at my table, but the post-rebuy period was as soft as ever. People were handing out free chips right and left.

Rick Diesel
10-22-2004, 09:21 PM
I actually do not play ring games. I have been making too much money in the sit-n-gos to play the ring games lately. I usually just play the $16 or $27 sit-n-gos. I have no need or want to move up, because the players at this level are so bad it is ridiculous.

As far as profiting in multitables, I find that I usually break even there most of the time, except every once in a while when I make a big score like last night. I go 2-3 months break even, then the next month I make $8,000 with 2-3 big scores, and so on.

Good luck to you,
Rick Diesel

Rick Diesel
10-22-2004, 09:23 PM
The deal can be structured any way that the two players agree to. Last night with over 5,000,000 chips in play, we agreed to make an equal chop of the money. At the time, I think I had about 15,000 more chips than my opponent.

binions
10-22-2004, 10:10 PM
I play as Cougar Red.

Fat Tony knocked me out 7th.

Tourney ended around 9:45 pm central.

Was this the tourney you won?

Whatever the case, congrats are in order. I was extremely pleased to win the afternoon $50 NL MTT on Tuesday, so I know how u must feel.

TheJackal
10-22-2004, 10:25 PM
Congrats. Hey Rick, what is your handle on Pstars?

Rick Diesel
10-23-2004, 11:02 AM
Not the same tournament. This would have been the one that started at 10:15 pm eastern, so 9:15 pm central.

Rick Diesel
10-23-2004, 11:03 AM
I usually play as deeznizzies, however when I won the rebuy tourney I was at my brothers house and played under his name, Metz.