PDA

View Full Version : ATo in MP

trumpman84
10-22-2004, 02:03 PM
What to do with ATo in MP and it's folded to you in a typical online table. I'm usually torn between folding and calling with the occasional raise depending on the circumstances...I'm just wondering what the standard play is.

afk
10-22-2004, 02:06 PM
I think calling is the worst of the three. I usually raise it, though.

jay1313
10-22-2004, 02:34 PM
First in, have to raise. If you are having a good run at the table, you will often win the pot right there, if not at least make them prove to you they have something better.

If you have strong players behind you, folding is an option too, you don't have to go after every pot and if you are not comfortable with the hand, let it go and wait for the next bus which will be along any moment.

btspider
10-22-2004, 02:38 PM
fold in MP1. raise in MP3. MP2 is table dependent.

Vern
10-22-2004, 03:30 PM
Where is the "It depends" option? Am I MP1 with a bunch of LAG's behind me? Fish, Rocks? How many people see the flop, of them, who is left to act? My default actions if I had just sat down the last hand and posted out of position so I had no reads would be to: In MP1 I open fold, too scared of a raise behind me making a small field and my hand dominated and out of position. MP3, I open raise, not much left to act, lets try to get heads up with a blind. MP2, well that is really table dependant.