PDA

View Full Version : AND a happy Birthday to ME..

02-04-2002, 03:18 AM
Hello again Forum Members...

Went up to Mohegan this weekend to celebrate my 30th... Jumped into a PHENOMENAL 1-3 game. $231 win in four hours. ( and I really didn't have any monster hands either )

There is one hand that I would like to post from this adventure however... It concerns a heads-up play in which I was fortunate enough to be dealt rolled 5's.

3c brings it in for a dollar, I am next to act and just call. All fold to a Qs who raises to $4.

Now this particular player is the only other 'real' opponent. ( although he was too predictable ) He bets-em when he has it and folds-em when he doesn't. ( He was the 'other' player beating up this table badly )

3c folds and action back to me. I re-raise the max and he calls.

4th street. I catch rag, He catches Qc.

He bets $3.

What would you do....?

Later,

CJ.

P.S. - Has anyone ever seen someone get quad ACES two hands in a row?

02-04-2002, 03:29 AM

02-04-2002, 10:28 AM
Congratulations on a very good win. Those $1-3 games can be good at Mohegan, but I've never beaten one that badly. My best is $185 in 7 hours. I'd be interested to know what starting hands you were playing and how you were betting them. I'm assuming the game was loose with lots of callers, few raisers. I'd also be interested in your descriptions of the types of players, and who you viewed as the most profitable and why. As for the queens, I'm assuming they bet at you. I'd probably fold if I was 95% sure the raise on 3rd meant queens, which it sounds like you were based on knowing this player and how he played. The problem as I see it is that even if you fill there are going to be a lot of times he fills higher and it really costs you.

02-04-2002, 01:46 PM
I had quad Aces one hand then trip Aces the next. and it was folded to me on 6th street so we'll never know /images/smile.gif. not quads twice in a row but 7 As in 2 hands isn't half bad

02-04-2002, 02:19 PM
call and let him bet into you the whole way then raise him on sixth street. this is presuming there is no ante.

Pat

02-10-2002, 02:55 AM
Sorry I was long in responding to this post..

I raised him back on 4th. He re-raised.. I folded.

Any other comments welcomed.

Later,

CJ

P.S. - He did show three queens as I folded