PDA

View Full Version : Bunky plays the 10-20 6 max. (aggression check)

bunky9590
10-22-2004, 12:41 PM
Shared this hand with FSUplayer. Want to see what you all think if I'm actually too aggressive for this game or is this crap pretty standard.

Prima Poker 10-20 6 max.
Bunky is the button with Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Co limps (pretty straightforawrd player) , I raise, SB (LAG) calls, BB calls (lossey goosey but passive), Co calls.

Flop Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Sb bets, BB folds, Co raises, Bunky shoots the three bizzle, Sb cold calls, Co calls.

Turn 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Sb checks, Co checks, Bunky bets, SB checkraises, Co folds, Bunky three bets (again), Sb calls.

River 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Sb checks, Bunky bets, Sb calls.

Thoughts? Pretty standard against a LAG? Three bet the turn a little much?

Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah, whats up with all the random EP LAGGY checkraises in this game anyway?

BIGRED
10-22-2004, 12:53 PM
I don't think I would've re-raised the turn, although it is not uncommon to see a check raise like this. Did the SB have TT or JJ?

fyodor
10-22-2004, 01:25 PM
I think the turn 3 bet was a bit much. I can think of 2 kickers better than your Jack (and that was without spreading a deck all over my desk) He also may have 2 pair, trips or an overpair - none of which he is going to fold.

Ulysses
10-22-2004, 02:28 PM
After the dude bets/cold-calls the flop then checkraises the turn, your QJ will not be good here enough of the time for that 3-bet to be good. I suspect you may have seen something like QTd this time, but in general, I don't like that turn 3-bet at all. I would only use it with the most special of players.

bunky9590
10-22-2004, 03:53 PM
I hear yah D. This cat was mega LAG though. I had seen him CR some real stinkers in some previous hands that I wasnt in. Doesn't mean he couldn't have the goods though. Thanks for the time. I'll post the resuts in a few.

bunky9590
10-22-2004, 04:06 PM
LAG calls me down on the river and flips A9o.

I think my thinking my be a little results oriented, and I may have gotten caught up in the LAG flow of the game. Seemed like this particular players check raises on the turn were done to make players fold raher than get extra bets. (Well, he did blow CO off his hand). IS this game all about pushing the small edges and using position to its fullest? (Not that I did on this hand /images/graemlins/blush.gif)

Its just weird to jump from 10-20 6 max from tight passive NL games. I have the roll for this game its just it seems as if the players in some of these games are god awful.

I can't tell you how many times it looks like someone buys in for their last like $317.00 and drops it in like 4 orbits. Standard? Haven't really seen anything like it.

gonores
10-22-2004, 08:34 PM
The careful image management I would need to cultivate over the course of a session to facilitate a three-bet on this turn would be so precise that after this hand was completed, I would have to immediately cash out, as every play I'd have made up to that hand would be setting myself up to make this 3-bet +EV.

The three-bet may fit your image, but it certainly doesn't fit mine.

The LAGgy EP checkraises? I just hand them the rope and let them do what they want to do with it. I rarely three-bet them, opting instead for a river raise, unless I think I can squeeze 6BBs out of them between the turn and the river.

Doug

bunky9590
10-22-2004, 08:37 PM
thanks Doug.

Heres my read on Laggy SB. Check raises to have people fold, stop and goes his legit hands.

Thats where the three bet came in.

He really check raised some stinkers in this game. Was alos the main reason I sat. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

joker122
10-22-2004, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, whats up with all the random EP LAGGY checkraises in this game anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

Example? I just started this game but haven't notice yet.

bunky9590
10-22-2004, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just started this game but haven't notice yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just started as well.

It seems as if the turn checkraises Ive seen from most players ahve been more of the bluff/semibluff variety rather than strong made hand. The stop and go lead out has been the big made hand line I've seen. But, like I said, I just started. I'm usually good with reads, but 6 max 10-20 is a whole different animal.

Seems like a lot more blind aggression with non monster hands. I realize that you're not looking at the nuts every hand, but top pair is this game seems to be boss. Top two is a rockcrusher.

I was getting checkraised with some real goofy crap. Not what I've seen in full ring.