PDA

View Full Version : Another hand for analysis

LockLow34
10-22-2004, 12:16 PM
How would you play the turn and river here?

Game: 3/6 Hold'em
Table: Loose passive

I'm in the CO and dealt 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif
Several players in so I call. Button (tight, solid player) calls.

Flop comes Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checked to me so I bet. Button raises. I'm thinking he's picked up a flush draw and wants a cheap card. No doing. Folded back to me so I re-raise. Button calls.

I think at this point I've succeeded in giving him a bad situation to draw and I'm going to bet out if any blank hits.

Turn comes 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check. He bets. I call.

River is a blank.

I check. He bets. I call

results in white

<font color="white">
He shows 7d/8d for queen high flush
I show 3s/3c for three of a kind, threes
</font>

JeffO
10-22-2004, 12:22 PM
Bet the turn. You have outs even if he did make his flush. Call him down if your raised again.

ZZZ
10-22-2004, 12:28 PM
I think you slowed down one bet too soon. A pair is more likely for him on the flop than a flush draw. A flush draw would usually call the flop to get overcallers.

Bet the turn, call a raise.

ZZZ

bdk3clash
10-22-2004, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A pair is more likely for him on the flop than a flush draw. A flush draw would usually call the flop to get overcallers.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ding ding ding. He doesn't have big diamonds like A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK/images/graemlins/diamond.gif or A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif or even K/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, because he didn't raise preflop.

So his raise on the flop is more likely to mean a piece of the board or some sort of made hand than a flush draw.

Having viewed the results (don't include them next time!), his flop raise is absolutely terrible.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup. Don't forget to fill up on the river, or preferably river the case 3.

LockLow34
10-22-2004, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A pair is more likely for him on the flop than a flush draw. A flush draw would usually call the flop to get overcallers.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ding ding ding. He doesn't have big diamonds like A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK/images/graemlins/diamond.gif or A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif or even K/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, because he didn't raise preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

At this table it wasn't uncommon to get 2-bet cold callers and even over-callers with as little as TPWK, so I think his raise here wasn't out of line for this particular table.

[ QUOTE ]
So his raise on the flop is more likely to mean a piece of the board or some sort of made hand than a flush draw.

Having viewed the results (don't include them next time!), his flop raise is absolutely terrible.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup. Don't forget to fill up on the river, or preferably river the case 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll try to remember that next time. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

HajiShirazu
10-22-2004, 12:54 PM
How can you put somebody on a flush draw because they raised once? Especially since you don't even have a queen and nobody else bet, making a queen more likely for him, plus if he had a flush draw, would he want to shut out the field? And giving a free card on the turn if he had a crappy diamond would be bad. Bet the turn, call a raise.

Fat Nicky
10-22-2004, 01:37 PM
Bet the turn. Call down if he raises and call a river bet.

But, ALWAYS bet this turn.