PDA

View Full Version : Doin' That Quiz Thing Again

Festus22
10-22-2004, 10:19 AM
Assume Party $2/4. No reads unless otherwise specified.

btspider
10-22-2004, 10:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Black aces on the button. UTG limps, folded to tricky CO who raises, you 3-bet, blinds fold, UTG and CO call. Flop is K-9-4r. UTG checks, CO checks, you bet, they both call. Turn is a 10. UTG checks, CO checks, you bet, UTG folds, CO checkraises.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said call. Its heads-up and he's tricky, why do I want to 3-bet and stop him from continuing his possible bluff. He should also bet the river for me when I'm ahead and I'll save the most when I'm behind.

stinkypete
10-22-2004, 12:43 PM
i don't limp in the first hand

Festus22
10-22-2004, 12:59 PM
Hand 1: Surprised to see so many call. Can this be good getting 7:2 with a possible cap behind you?

Hand 2: About what I expected.

Hand 3: Very surprised, especially by the raise votes. He bets into a flop raiser when a 4 straight hits the board and you don't believe him. Looks to me like he's scared I'll check it through because he's got it.

Hand 4: Again, about what I expected. I'd be curious if we all have the same reason in mind.

Hand 5: I think I have to change my thinking in these situations.

MAxx
10-22-2004, 01:45 PM
Hand 1: easy fold to me, if more players were in the hand i wouldnt mind makeing that kind of call as much b/c you could get paid handsomely for hiting your set. here they are charging you too much for a swing for your home run. Edit: Not sure that sounded right- meant to mean I don't like the risk/reward ratio.

Hand 2: I am 3-betting for sure on turn. See if he still feels like being trickie after that. If he caps, I will chill on river... unless i improve... which may include hidden outs.

Hand 3: i think i would like myself better if i could say i would raise here, but i wouldn't. i would call down unless it got crazy.

Hand 4: Auto bizet everytime. Will win this pot uncontested quite a bit. Don't like it when they call flop bet with better hands.

Hand 5: i refuse to do anything besides 3betting this flop.

eh923
10-22-2004, 02:03 PM
Hand 3: I'd be interested in hearing from the "fold" camp. There's a shot you're ahead, and if you need to fill, you're getting 8:1 on the call (granted, there are people behind you). I wouldn't be worried about the LMP as much as the cold callers yet to act.

Hand 4: This is a no-brainer bet. Better hands might fold, and there's a distinct possibility of getting a free-card. Also, having the 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif means you can spike a set without improving anyone's hand.

masland
10-22-2004, 02:57 PM
Nice poll.

4 - I fold if my read says ABC, which occurs more frequently in party 2/4 than say party 5/10. However, assuming no one else raises 4th or 5th, you gotta call it down.

bisonbison
10-22-2004, 03:07 PM
1. Fold
2. 3-bet.
3. raise - I still think his most likely hand is top pair.
4. bet
5. 3-bet. Get your money in now.

BusterStacks
10-22-2004, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. Fold
2. 3-bet.
4. bet

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly.

Joe Tall
10-22-2004, 05:48 PM
raise - I still think his most likely hand is top pair.

He might but getting 3-bet sucks here as you have to call w/odds/outs to fill, why waste those bets now, just call, call and showdown.

Go Sox!
-Joe Tall

MarkL444
10-22-2004, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hes not the only one you have to worry about.

joker122
10-22-2004, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

1. Fold
2. 3-bet.
4. bet

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding is wrong in the first hand.

joker122
10-22-2004, 06:16 PM
Hand 1 is a standard call. You're getting the implied odds you need.

gamblore99
10-22-2004, 06:17 PM
in regards to 5. usually i would 3 bet thism but would be waiting for the turn to see if a club falls, then playing accordingly make sense? Anyone with a high club will still be tied to the pot and call bets, but if its a club and theres more than one bet I can dump my hand.

Joe Tall
10-22-2004, 06:25 PM
Folding is wrong in the first hand.

I agree with so much aggression if you flop a set you're getting paid off in a big way.

Go Sox!
-Joe Tall

Festus22
10-22-2004, 06:51 PM
Hand 1: I folded. Getting only 7:2 on the call, I didn't feel I had the odds. I know HPFAP says to call a raise in the BB if there's 2 in (getting 5:1). 7:2 seems a stretch to make up on the implied odds front. Of course the flop came 7 high and BB's kings held up. Doh!

Hand 2: I 3-bet, he called. River bricked - check, bet, call. He had A-Ko and I'm good. I really thought he would have capped PF with another player in with kings so K-T or T-T were the only real concerns. Some suggest calling so he bets the river if he's behind. I can say I don't like that line.

Hand 3: I called the turn. River was an ace. He bet, I folded as did everyone else so I don't know what he had. 2+2 consensus says Boo Festus! I guess I agree.

Hand 4: I bet and everyone called! Well, that didn't go as planned. Turn was a 10. Checked around (don't tell me I should have bet again!). River paired the ace. SB bet, 1 caller, I folded. SB had A-Qo.

Hand 5: I called, SB called (once again, it's Boo Festus). Turn was 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB bet out, CO called, I raised, both called. River was a 10. Both checked, I bet, SB called, CO folded, SB had jacks (with the jack of clubs), I'm good. I remember posting a hand in a previous quiz where I had red aces and the flop came down all spades. I caught hell for raising the flop. Is this situation THAT much different that makes raising here mandatory? What are we trying to do with the 3-bet. My SOP (apparently bad) is to call and raise a safe turn card. No goot?

Thanks for all who responded!

Trix
10-22-2004, 07:12 PM
I dont think 8:2 or 10:3 some of the time is good enough here when you are between them.

Jonny Melon
10-22-2004, 07:13 PM
I call with hand 1, for 2 reasons:
1) If you flop a set of 7s, you're going to make a killing.
2) Your 7s can win the pot unimproved.

While I admit that 2) is unlikely, it is not unreasonable for the pot to be 3-bet by AK in this spot, and the other opponent to have overcards as well. I don't think you can disregard this equity in this analysis. I'd call just on the basis of "flopped set" equity, personally.

Jon

MisterNatural
11-05-2004, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 5: I called, SB called (once again, it's Boo Festus). Turn was 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB bet out, CO called, I raised, both called. River was a 10. Both checked, I bet, SB called, CO folded, SB had jacks (with the jack of clubs), I'm good. I remember posting a hand in a previous quiz where I had red aces and the flop came down all spades. I caught hell for raising the flop. Is this situation THAT much different that makes raising here mandatory? What are we trying to do with the 3-bet. My SOP (apparently bad) is to call and raise a safe turn card. No goot?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you mean this one from Quiz #2:
[ QUOTE ]
1. Black A-A LMP. UTG open raises, MP calls, you 3-bet, button calls 3 cold, SB caps, BB and all call.

Flop [Q 8 4 ]. SB bets, all call to you. Action?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you remember, everyone was saying to raise then too, until Ed Miller chimed in and a few respected posters agreed. I'm wondering if they'd raise this one because you've got a much stronger hand and outs to make a boat or quads.

Thanks for all of the quizes, I've learned a lot!!!