PDA

View Full Version : KQs how did i play it?

Omaha8Player
10-22-2004, 10:15 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (15.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls.

River: (14.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20.75 BB

zuluking
10-22-2004, 10:21 AM
I would have capped the flop and the river.

Slick Al
10-22-2004, 10:23 AM
What range of hands are you putting BB on? Is he tight, loose, unknown?

If he's tight and/or passive normally, I call that river rather than raise.

Without any reads/info, I like your play.

Al

TheHip41
10-22-2004, 10:23 AM
Got to cap the river. You are only losing to AA,JJ, and AJ

He more likely has AK/AQ

Fiddler
10-22-2004, 10:24 AM
Cap the flop, the rest looks fine to me. I hope he had AK and not JJ.

dfscott
10-22-2004, 10:25 AM
I play it the same way. Your flop raise is great, because you're betting your flush draw for value as well as possibly buying a free card. When you're three bet, you can go into check/call until your card comes, since you have position and are sure to get action.

Well played.

zuluking
10-22-2004, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you can go into check/call until your card comes,

[/ QUOTE ]

That is weak thinking that, while not lose you money, will cause you to make less money in the long-term.

dfscott
10-22-2004, 10:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you can go into check/call until your card comes,

[/ QUOTE ]

That is weak thinking that, while not lose you money, will cause you to make less money in the long-term.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're joking, right? Why throw money away like that? The 3-bet screams top pair to me.

zuluking
10-22-2004, 10:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You're joking, right? Why throw money away like that? The 3-bet screams top pair to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

No dis-respect intended, but please read SSHE.

prayformojo
[ QUOTE ]
Your flop raise is great, because you're betting your flush draw for value as well as possibly buying a free card. When you're three bet, you can go into check/call until your card comes, since you have position and are sure to get action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why slow down when 3-bet on the flop? He has the gutshot as well as a flush draw, for twelve outs to the winning hand (barring an unlikely flush over flush). With two opponents in for three bets and certain to call the cap, the last bet is definitely for value, and brings back the possibility of a free card. Capping this flop is SOP for me.

dfscott
[ QUOTE ]
Got to cap the river. You are only losing to AA,JJ, and AJ

He more likely has AK/AQ

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, I missed the fact that he re-raised. This is definitely a river cap.

TheHip41
10-22-2004, 10:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if he showed me top set, I'm capping the flop. If he has top set, you have 8 clubs to the nut flush, and 3 other cards to make the nut straight. 11 cards twice. Against more than one opponent on the flop. You are raising for value here. Don't be weak.

dfscott
10-22-2004, 11:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No dis-respect intended, but please read SSHE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Done. Next?

And the sarcasm is a little unwarranted, I think.

Edit: Ok, I take it back. Maybe you were in a hurry and didn't have time to explain yourself. I don't want to start a flame war. In fact, I'm not even supposed to be posting here but I can't help myself. (I even tilt when I post!).

I'll pull myself off this thread.

dfscott
10-22-2004, 11:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if he showed me top set, I'm capping the flop. If he has top set, you have 8 clubs to the nut flush, and 3 other cards to make the nut straight. 11 cards twice. Against more than one opponent on the flop. You are raising for value here. Don't be weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point -- sorry, I missed the straight draw.

flair1239
10-22-2004, 11:46 AM
I'd cap the river. I don't think he three-bets PF with A4, A5 or AJ. JJ is a possibility. But I think you win this hand more often than you are shown the Boat.