PDA

View Full Version : An Ace and a King

wuarhg
10-22-2004, 09:17 AM
I hope it's ok me posting all these hands, I just played a 3 hour session 4-tabling so I have a few hands that i'm not sure about /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (18 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (11 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (17 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP3 bets $2 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB

Slick Al
10-22-2004, 09:24 AM
PF - fine, nice to see the huge pot

Flop - fine

Turn - I may consider just calling here, hoping for overcalls. The more people you drag along the better.

River - Go Team.

Al

CWsports
10-22-2004, 09:57 AM
I just call the turn. You have a draw to the nut flush as well as the nut straight. You don't want to raise and force BB and UTG to call 2 cold.

TheHip41
10-22-2004, 09:58 AM
Looks good

TheHip41
10-22-2004, 10:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just call the turn. You have a draw to the nut flush as well as the nut straight. You don't want to raise and force BB and UTG to call 2 cold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want them all to fold on the off chance if I hit an A or K they will be clean. If i can get A6 to fold on the turn, then raising is worth it.

btspider
10-22-2004, 10:06 AM
interesting situation with a near all-in opponent. more than likely he has a face card pair and is on his way all-in. the 3-bet isn't too surprising, so I wonder if your cleaner A and K outs are worth risking the likely 3-bet. i think i would just call this on the turn.

stlip
10-22-2004, 11:05 AM
I don't like the turn raise, either. An opponent with A5 is already gone after the betting was capped PF and holding bottom pair with A kicker (especially since it can't be clubs so there's no flush possibility, except for that person's opponents)-- I just can't see them sticking around. K5 will have a gut shot possibility, so it's cheaper to just assume they'll miss and see if you hit one of your many outs before investing more money than necessary.

Entity
10-22-2004, 11:13 AM
I'm with the "call the turn" crowd (given preflop action, you aren't winning this unimproved, and I don't even know if your A/K outs are good, considering QQ is a definite possibility, and even if it isn't, AQ is possible as well). Keeping the others in while you keep the possibility of being 3-bet down is good, I think.

Otherwise I like this.

Rob