PDA

View Full Version : Flop a flush, get it up the butt

kurosh
10-22-2004, 08:42 AM
Paradise .5/1 NL. Everyone has roughly $50.

I'm on the button with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. 2 limpers, I call, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop comes: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, BB bets $4, MP reraises to $20, LP calls, I ????.

Results
<font color="white">
I reraise all-in for $50.

BB calls all-in, MP folds, LP calls all-in.

BB turns over Ad: x
LP turns over Kd6d and I'm drawing to runner-runner straight flush that didn't come.

I figured for one of them having a draw to the ace high flush and maybe a set or two pair for the others. I thought the chances of ANOTHER person flopping a flush were low enough that I should try and give the others incorrect odds to draw. Was I wrong in my thinking?
</font>

BlueBear
10-22-2004, 08:49 AM
The MP is committing his stack in and no way would he fold to an all-in reraise from you. That being said, you have not one player to worry about but THREE in the table and the probability your hand is the best is quite low. The read of the styles of players is important here. Against very LAG opposition who are capable of semi-bluffing/reraising all-in with a single ace of diamonds, I will shove my stack in, otherwise I'll fold here.

kurosh
10-22-2004, 08:53 AM
It is low stakes paradise... I guess I've just gotten used to people going all-in on draws so much. Even gutshots are all-in hands.

GimmeDaWatch
10-22-2004, 08:58 AM
This is very ugly and difficult, but if ever there was a time to fold a Q hi flush, this is it. Suited Aces and Kings are generally more common than lower suited cards, and with all that action, there is a very big chance you are behind. If you are, you're drawing almost completely dead, and if you're not at least one your opponents has alot of outs with his set (and maybe naked Ace). It does depend somewhat on who the raiser is, but with that much action I'd STRONGLY consider folding.

Wayfare
10-22-2004, 09:15 AM
At party poker I make this push every day of the week and on sundays. Ad x will call you on that site.

djoyce003
10-22-2004, 09:35 AM
haven't read the results yet, but judging from your post you are beat here by a higher flush or even by someone with a straight flush draw that hit. That's one of the reasons in no limit i'm not such a big fan of non-nut flushes because you are really in a bind if you get played back at. I'd probably lay this down, lets see what you did.

Zag
10-22-2004, 11:39 AM
My thought was that the bet and the raise made me queasy, but I was still planning to reraise all in. Then the call by the LP drove me away. That isn't a set, it isn't an Ad drawing, that is a made flush who feels good about it and is hoping not to lose the BB's money. Sure, it might be J-high, but I'm doubting it.

This hand has cost you just a BB so far, you are certainly facing at the very least a higher diamond drawing and a set looking for the board to pair, so, even if you are good right now, there are a lot of ways for you to lose. And if you are behind, you are drawing microscopically thin.

Just pretend you had a different suit and dump them.