PDA

View Full Version : Who Would Play This Game?

BigBluffer
10-22-2004, 08:26 AM
Florida Action Hold'em - Same as Texas Hold'em except: 9-handed table, $2 ante, $1 & $2 blinds, $2 bets on all rounds, maximum of 3 raises per round.

We get the gamblers in this one. It's not unusual to see an $84 pot before the flop ($90 bet minus $5 rake minus $1 jackpot drop). Capping all rounds is not unusual either. People play anything! They just love the huge pots.

Obviously, if you were crazy enough to sit down at this game, you'd just about have to play anything too. The huge ante (compared to the size of the bets) practically forces you to play.

The question is: who here would play and what sort of strategy would you use? IS there a strategy, or is it just a game of showdown?

highlife
10-22-2004, 10:43 AM
there is no way i would play this game. it sounds pretty rediculous. basically its a way for the room to make as much money as possible without breaking the florida law of a $2 maximum bet amount. $6 rake/drop per pot? would be really tough to beat this game with that.

but really the same strategy holds true. play good cards preflop, and hammer the pot postflop when you hit good made hands or good draws. charge the gamblers alot to hit their longshots. also play more high suited cards and one gap connectors.

Bremen
10-22-2004, 10:44 AM
$6 dollar rake! wow, other than that is just sounds like a real aggresive no fold'em hold'em game.

Yeknom58
10-22-2004, 04:11 PM
I'm fairly sure the large amount of rake coupled with the ante/betting structure makes this game impossible to beat.

If I did have to play I would play like all but my worst hand and postflop I would almost never fold unless the guy showed me his cards.