PDA

View Full Version : Royal Flush?

kickingit
10-22-2004, 12:28 AM
Was wondering if any certain game gave u a better chance of hitting a Royal Flush

TomCollins
10-22-2004, 12:39 AM
All cards wild have the best chance.

JaBlue
10-22-2004, 04:52 AM
All card wild is by far the best chance to get royal flush but once my opponent announced he had fullhouse aces over kings I showed him my quad deuces for the victory.

All card stud is a much better game with a pretty good chance of getting a royal flush.

Cerril
10-22-2004, 03:12 PM
The point they're making is valid, too. The more cards in a hand, the better the chance of seeing a Royal. Also, the more cards in your hand, the better the chance of seeing a royal.

HE is a pretty good one to see one eventually since if there are four parts to a royal on the board there are 1+2*(number of players remaining) chances for that last one to show. I couldn't compare the odds with 7-stud because while in HE you need three of five or more likely four of five in a single instance each hand, there are (number of players) chances for three of five with each starting hand in Stud.

(now that I think about it, intuitively with chasers you should see more straight flushes in 7Stud than in HE, but intuition can be easily wrong).

I also couldn't compare a game like Omaha, since while each player has more chances to get dealt 2/5 for the royal (harder in Texas HE), they also have a chance to get dealt 3/5 or 4/5, ruining their chances of making it.

phixxx
10-23-2004, 04:05 AM
You say intuitively alot. Like on your other thread ;o