PDA

View Full Version : Game 7 recap

ThaSaltCracka
10-22-2004, 12:03 AM
Edmonds' catch, how huge was that?????

damn /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Clarkmeister
10-22-2004, 12:05 AM
It was by far the most important play of the game IMO, even more so than Rolen's HR. I think Rolen's HR may well have been irrelevant had Edmonds not made that play.

ThaSaltCracka
10-22-2004, 12:10 AM
totally.

After Edmonds made that play, for some reason I thought about Griffey Jr. I grew up watching Edmonds and Griffey essentialy go tit for tat in the AL every night making spectacular plays. Unfortunately, now that Edmonds is in the NL, I see less than him.

Womack played like a man possed tonight as well. He looked in pain, but his performace was amazing. [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Toro
10-22-2004, 09:33 AM
I will always have very fond memories of Game 7 of NLCS. It was during this game that I got my pooh bah status with some inane post tweaking Clarkmeister for his silly Jinx Phobias.

Congradulations STL, but I'm afraid it's just not in the Cards as this is the year of the idiots, er I mean Red Sox.

MrGo
10-22-2004, 10:00 AM
Biggest play of the game more than likely. But you can't really dwell on one play, especially if you're a Houston fan. I keep thinking that Berkman had a chance to put Houston into the series when he had 2nd and 3rd with two out in game 6 after Bagwell tied it. But like I said, can't dwell eventhough it's tough /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ulysses
10-22-2004, 02:14 PM
Well, we can dwell on Game 6, like you said. I really thought Berkman was going to come through with a hit there and with Brad Lidge in the zone, that was clearly going to do it.

We can also dwell on two key moments in Game 7. The Edmonds catch, of course. And that one pitch to Pujols. Roger gets him to swing at a nasty slider like he showed Edmonds, Houston has a great chance of going to the Series.

MrGo
10-22-2004, 02:23 PM
If "If's" and "But's" were candy nuts, everyday would be Christmas. But you're right.

Oh well. St. Louis deserves to be there no less than Houston does. Good luck to them.