PDA

View Full Version : AJ in early position

AdamL
10-21-2004, 10:57 PM
Sometimes I limp in with this hand in early position, but I raised here because I thought I'd be called by worse hands.

Commentary on all streets please.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">5 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.33 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Turn: (3.66 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks.

River: (3.66 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.66 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 7.66 BB, between Hero and MP2.</font>

Entity
10-21-2004, 11:05 PM
Preflop raise is good. Worse aces will sometimes call, but you're also raising to limit the field, because AJo does'nt play incredibly well OOP and with lots of opponents.

Flop bet is good. If he raises, call and check/fold turn UI?

Turn: planning to check/fold?

River: Good bet. Raised by KJo/s or 9Ts? With better reads you could probably fold to this, but it will be a river bluff-raise occasionally set off from your turn check.

Rob

AdamL
10-22-2004, 12:17 AM
Turn I was check-folding, that's correct. Too weak?

He actually turned over a set of 5's, amazingly enough.

Chris Daddy Cool
10-22-2004, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes I limp in with this hand in early position, but I raised here because I thought I'd be called by worse hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't remember the last time I was the first person in the pot and limped with AJ.

Alobar
10-22-2004, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I can't remember the last time I was the first person in the pot and limped with AJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

you open raise AJo from UTG, UTG+1?

Chris Daddy Cool
10-22-2004, 03:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you open raise AJo from UTG, UTG+1?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate openlimping with this hand. I guess it's just my style.

Nate tha' Great
10-22-2004, 05:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Turn I was check-folding, that's correct. Too weak?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check-folding the turn is quite a bit too weak. You will have the best hand here fairly often with all the flush / straight draws that might like this flop. You'll also sometimes get a fold from a player with middle or bottom pair who was hoping to improve on 4th street. Plus you have an easy fold if raised.