PDA

View Full Version : KTs in the BB. SB raises preflop.

bisonbison
10-21-2004, 10:03 PM
Edit: jeez, forgot to include reads:

CO is laggy,
BUtton is loose passive
SB is a little loose and moderately aggro.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds...

I was raising a turn blank. Preflop call?

Mike Gallo
10-22-2004, 12:28 AM
What if you had turned the Ace of clubs, would you have still folded?

Chris Daddy Cool
10-22-2004, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What if you had turned the Ace of clubs, would you have still folded?

[/ QUOTE ]

That seems a bit silly doesn't it?

Alobar
10-22-2004, 12:44 AM
I raise the flop. why give someone with a junk gutshot or 5 outter odds to call?

Joe Tall
10-22-2004, 12:47 AM
ABSOLUTE MUST RAISE THIS FLOP!!!

Go Sox!
-Joe Tall

StellarWind
10-22-2004, 01:13 AM
Preflop call is routine.

Not raising the flop is completely unbelievable. Protect your hand.

[ QUOTE ]
I was raising a turn blank.

[/ QUOTE ]
After everyone calls and a blank comes, SB's preflop raising hands will divide neatly into two categories:

1. Hands that stomp TPSK.

2. Hands that are not betting the turn.

I'm going to keep saying this until someone listens. It's CDC's sister's hand all over again. You can't use the turn raise play against someone who will only bet again with a better hand than yours.

Ralph Wiggum
10-22-2004, 01:13 AM
I'd raise the flop. How many turn cards are definite blanks anyways? 5,4,3,2?

bisonbison
10-22-2004, 02:19 AM
Guys, I got confused.

Chris Daddy Cool
10-22-2004, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's CDC's sister's hand all over again. You can't use the turn raise play against someone who will only bet again with a better hand than yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I didn't think that hand was ever gonna be referenced again. Glad I posted something worthy. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
After everyone calls and a blank comes, SB's preflop raising hands will divide neatly into two categories:

1. Hands that stomp TPSK.

2. Hands that are not betting the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is absolutely correct. It's very rare that unimproved AK is going to bet the turn again. You gotta raise the flop.