PDA

View Full Version : A KK hand, but I DO have read on opponent

granny50
10-21-2004, 09:39 PM
Playing the usual $25 NL party table and villain in hand is pretty tight aggresive. Hasn't made moves at all and is very straight forward in his hands.
Onto the hand -

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed)

UTG ($61.25)
UTG+1 ($30)
MP1 ($25.2)
MP2 ($28.5)
MP3 ($13.15)
Hero ($44.65)
Button ($35.3)
SB ($14.68)
BB ($6.97)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises to $2</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, Button folds, SB (poster) folds, BB folds, MP2 calls $3.

Flop: ($10.75) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, MP2 calls $5.

After he calls my bet, Im sure he's flopped a boat, but there is a chance he has AQ if it was suited.

Turn: ($20.75) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($20.75) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP2 bets $7.99</font>, Hero calls $7.99.

Is this call wrong? I thought a while before making this call, but it seemed like a value bet with AQ or a bet with a fullhouse. Wasn't sure.

Final Pot: $36.73 <font color="red"> </font> <font color="red"> </font> <font color="red"> </font> <font color="red"> </font> <font color="red"> </font>

gytten
10-21-2004, 09:56 PM
why only a $5 raise on the flop? $10.75 pot where you are probobly ahead, I'd make it atleast $8.

Its double checked on the turn makes me think he might be on the flush draw.. he would have called a $5 raise on the flop if he had A /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif or something like that.

the river bet is way to small for you to fold to. He might have AQ /images/graemlins/club.gif AJ /images/graemlins/club.gif trying to make a value bet, or he has nothing, and decided to make a stab at the pot.. you checked the turn.. weakness... I would not be surprised to see a busted flushdraw here.

If he has the boat you should be happy you didn't lose more.

LokiV
10-21-2004, 10:05 PM
You think he was holding QQ, 8x or Q/8 when you raised $5 preflop?

People and their odd delusions. He's showing no strength, you're (sadly) showing very little even when the board is as good as it gets on the flop except for the possible flush draw... though heads up it's not so bad.

zephyr
10-21-2004, 10:18 PM
Bet 5-10 on the flop.

Push on the Turn.

The money is so shallow that you need to play overpairs aggresively. The flop was great for your hand, you can't realistically put MP2 on a boat, sure he'll turn over QQ sometimes, but not that often.

Sephus
10-21-2004, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After he calls my bet, Im sure he's flopped a boat

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you smoking?

granny50
10-22-2004, 04:04 AM
Well, maybe I just had a really strong read. He did turn over QQ for the flopped boat.

Sponger15SB
10-22-2004, 04:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, maybe I just had a really strong read. He did turn over QQ for the flopped boat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think when you make a really strong read you are suppose to fold instead of calling.

You obviously should have just hit the fold button on the turn instead of checking.

Horrible play.

Wayfare
10-22-2004, 09:36 AM
Granny, I do not think this hand worked out poorly for you, as you still have most of your stack. However, let me ask you this: how many other times are you sure that someone flopped a boat and turn out to be wrong, costing you very much action?

My guess that the number of times you lose money because of this type of read online might be much more costly than you think.