PDA

View Full Version : JTo in SB... stop 'n go.

brassnuts
10-21-2004, 08:23 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

UTG is very LAG. No other reads.

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero bets...

First of all, preflop?
Secondly, this is a bit inspired by Bakku's stop 'n go, found here. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=1138735&amp;page=6&amp;view=colla psed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1) I know these situations have their differences, but is this a proper use of a stop 'n go?

thirddan
10-21-2004, 08:49 PM
preflop is fine, i think JTo is an easy complete from the SB...

I think that iw ould bet the flop and hope UTG raises, then i would bet a safe turn card. Check/calling doesn't really protect your hand (although some draws should call 2, you would like a hand like A8 or KQ to fold)...

StellarWind
10-22-2004, 01:27 AM
Completing is marginal because of the 1/3 blind. Your position will be a huge liability when you get a flop like ... this one.

I would get over my fear of better jacks and just bet the flop. If the LAG raises a worse hand in front of the field, so much the better.

But you did what you did and the only player who showed anything has little credibility. Easy checkraise of the flop bet. You are getting 5-1 on this bet and you are going to win much, much more often than 1/6 of the time. This is way too much money to pass up.