PDA

View Full Version : QQ-Laydown too weak?

zephed56
10-21-2004, 07:24 PM
Loose table ~40% vp$ip.
CO is semi-loose ~32% vp$ip, passive all around.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 6.25 BB, won by CO.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to CO.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. CO wins 7.25 BB. </font>

mmbt0ne
10-21-2004, 07:40 PM
If you had a read on CO as passive, then I could definitely see laying this down. The pot's pretty small, and there are better places to fight.

eric5148
10-21-2004, 07:59 PM
Good fold. Many loose passives call the flop with A high.

zephed56
10-21-2004, 09:37 PM
okay, I think that "you fold too damn much" post messed me up.
I think I was calling too much anyways...

I have my sanity back. I think I need to work on letting go and slowing down sometimes with clearly beat hands even though I have been the aggressor previously in the hand. I think it's sort of an ego thing.

georgesimpson
10-21-2004, 09:54 PM
well said. I have the same syndrome of calling down with marginal hands that look good but often turn out to be second best hands. When i take a look back though and slow down and realize it's ok to lay down.

In the past week I've really become conservative when it comes to hands that have tiny expected value even with expert play.

I aggressively play the good hands that I'm comfortable with, but I also aggressively lay down those i'm uncomfortable playing with unless i know i can make expert decisions regardless of what happens. otherwise a possibly +ev can become a -ev simply because i'm not versed in all textures associated with its play.