PDA

View Full Version : Playing a gutshot

bergh
10-21-2004, 07:13 PM
A very loose passive table. Normally I don't limp with T7s at UTG+3, but given the two limpers and the passiveness I thought a third limp would induce the whole table to limp. Unfortunatly it didn't... I guess T7s is just not worth playing from that position...

Pacific Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+3 with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero?

The flop most likely didn't hit anyone. With a gutshot I have the odds to call one bet. Since I was in late position on a passive table I thought about betting out to buy a free river card. What do you think?

helpmeout
10-21-2004, 07:20 PM
T7s is a bit weak to call in early position. T9s definately T8s probably not except at a very passive table.

On the flop I'd check, its worth a bet if there was a spade but not here.

Klak
10-21-2004, 07:49 PM
just check. your bet will prolly not get you any free cards if an overcard pairs someone.

eric5148
10-21-2004, 07:52 PM
Take the free turn card. A bet here would seem like a very possible steal attempt because your acting last and it's a rag board.