PDA

View Full Version : Seeing the Sox in the WS at Fenway????

JinX11
10-21-2004, 03:29 PM
Seriously comtemplating dipping into the poker bankroll to go see the Sox in Game 6 at Fenway. Tickets are definitely available - running in the $1500 range.

This has to be a justifiable reason to dip into the bankroll, yeah?? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Toro
10-21-2004, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously comtemplating dipping into the poker bankroll to go see the Sox in Game 6 at Fenway. Tickets are definitely available - running in the $1500 range.

This has to be a justifiable reason to dip into the bankroll, yeah?? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're willing to risk getting shut out, there may be a cheaper way because this worked in game 7 of the 1975 WS so it's an admitted long shot to still work nearly 30 years later but here's what 3 buddies of mine did.

They took 5 one dollar bills and one five dollar bill and rolled them up with the fiver on the outside. They walked up to the turnstile and the first guy discreetly shoved it into the hand of the ticket taker. He gave the first guy a nod and then all three of them rushed in.

The guy yelled out "hey only one of you" but he was fcuked because what was he going to do after taking a bribe so they all got in for $9. This was extreme of course, just try bribing the guy for 1 entry and of course adjust upward for inflation.

Now, when my 3 buddies got in, they went to one of the ushers and each gave him a few dollars and said can you find us a seat and he sat them down in an aisle. My buddy said there were probably 45,000 in the place that day.

Of course if it doesn't work you still can go the scalper route.

Joe Tall
10-21-2004, 09:35 PM
If you go on Sunday, PM me as I will be in Fenway.

GO SOX!
-JT

youtalkfunny
10-22-2004, 03:00 AM
A quaint story, Toro, which obviously pre-dates the Age of Terrorism.