PDA

View Full Version : I'm not dead yet!

dfscott
10-21-2004, 03:14 PM
Ok, I'm still taking a break, but I wanted to get some thoughts on one last hand from last night:

SB is a LAP, BB is TPP

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+2 calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 17.50 BB, between Hero, SB and UTG+2.</font>

JDErickson
10-21-2004, 03:20 PM
I think I bet this flop last to act.

other than that I don't see any problems. Looks like SB hit his flush on river. he may have folded to the flop bet though.

VTDuffman
10-21-2004, 03:25 PM
You gotta bet this flop last to act. You have a middle pair (which is not great), and a backdoor flush draw. Get the drawers out, and potentially get a free card if you need it. You gave anyone holding /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif that Turn /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for free. Make them pay for it, you do have *something*

detruncate
10-21-2004, 06:08 PM
Betting the flop last to act would probably be a good idea... though checking isn't a tragedy if you plan to fold to any aggression on the turn when you don't improve. If you're going to contest the pot, start with a flop bet. If you're happy to let it go unimproved, take your free card. I'd probably throw a bet in, but getting away from marginal hands when you're going through a rough patch isn't a bad idea... especially if you're prone to tilty overplaying at this stage of the badness.

From there you played it well.

Piiop
10-21-2004, 06:13 PM
Bet flopper.

helpmeout
10-21-2004, 06:22 PM
1. Bet the flop, 2nd pair with a backdoor flush good position, no action.

2. Turn raise is good.

3. What are you doing on the river? A straight or a flush beat you. When someone wakes up on the river after calling 2 bets on the turn on a paired board he beats your trips.

Call him down.