PDA

View Full Version : Too much aggression?

Belok
10-21-2004, 03:02 PM
I'm not used to the high aggression that this board suggests, but so far its been successful. I'm just posting this to make sure im not making moves that will come back to bite me in the ass.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB

meep_42
10-21-2004, 03:14 PM
Raise the flop to try for a free card on the turn for the gutshot/back-door flush draw. Your A could still be good, and your T likely is, as well, giving you a solid 4 (gutshot)+1.5(backdoor flush)+1.5(aces)+3(tens) = 10 outs twice. (And you'll find out quickly if he likes his hand a lot. If he 3-bets, call and check/fold on a turn blank.)

-d

scandal
10-21-2004, 06:47 PM
Isn't he out of position to try and raise for a free card on the turn? If he raised the flop and checked the turn, that would seem to invite a bet, in which case its not really free, right?

LowDown22
10-21-2004, 06:56 PM
My standard play here:
check-call
check-call
check-fold

Looks like you correctly read your opponent for overcards though and pushed him out.

helpmeout
10-21-2004, 07:06 PM
Very nice semibluff.

MP2 is likely to just have overcards and is following through.

emonrad87
10-21-2004, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Isn't he out of position to try and raise for a free card on the turn? If he raised the flop and checked the turn, that would seem to invite a bet, in which case its not really free, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all - if he check-raises the flop and villain calls, then leads with a check on the turn, villian will think, "no way is he going to pull that crappy check-raise on me again!" and check, thus giving the free card. That's the power of the check-raise.

maryfield48
10-21-2004, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not used to the high aggression that this board suggests, but so far its been successful. I'm just posting this to make sure im not making moves that will come back to bite me in the ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh they will. Much more often than you'd like. Then, every once in a while, they'll turn around and give you such a hummer!