PDA

View Full Version : 15/30/45/45 Stud

01-16-2002, 02:38 AM
The Trop in AC has been spreading 7 stud with bets of 15 on third and fourth streets, 30 in fifth and 45 on 6th and the river.

I would like to hear from other players what you think are the important strategy changes necessary to play in this game as opposed to the normal 15/30 game.

I have a few idea of my own but I will not mention then until others have had a chance to respond

01-16-2002, 10:40 PM
there are quite a few changes and i think some of the posters ought to think about them. obviously since you make more on later streets drawing hands are more valuble if you get payed off. what about the value of reading hands. doesnt that go up in value as well. so then the better players edge is even bigger. how about some more.

01-17-2002, 01:12 AM
Thanks Ray,

I just came from a long session of 10/20/30/30 so it's fresh in my mind.

Two things I thought about as well as, of course the ones you mentioned.

Raising for a free card on fifth street with, say, a pair of Aces against two pair when your oponent makes an open pair and leads into you becomes a crucial play since you are actually preventing him from betting into you on 6th for the higher amount.

The same is true if you have one pair and a draw like a four flush or four to a straight against two pair on fifth and the hand with two pair is high on board and leads into you.

Another important consideration are those hands where you have a big lead. like hidden trips or hidden Aces or Kings up early, and your opponent is doing the betting. Often we would try to get a raise in on fifth street but now it's important to wait until 6th street to get the extra money in the pot.

Your point about reading hands is crucial. I was having the same discussion with a good friend this morning before going to play. He made the point that this structure has been tried a few times here in Atlantic City, at Resorts, at Ballys and I think at the Sands as well. The games petered out because it gives a bigger edge to the GOOD players who make GOOD decisions on 6th street and on the river.

I guess I better enjoy this action while it lasts!!