PDA

View Full Version : T9o on the button - Loose table - PS $25NL

Big TR
10-21-2004, 01:34 PM
Questions:

1. Is limping from the button from here okay, or should I min-raise to get more in the pot? I'm certain all will call if I do a min-raise.

2. What do you think of the flop and turn bets?

3. Obviously, I'm good on the river, but how hard to I push it?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP2 ($14.90)
<font color="C00000">Hero ($25.95)</font>
Button ($14.10)
SB ($20.35)
<font color="C00000">BB ($23.45)</font>
UTG ($29.95)
UTG+1 ($9)
MP1 ($24.65)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.25, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, JDW*JDW checks.

Flop: ($1.10) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
JDW*JDW folds, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls $0.25, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, SB calls $1.75, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($5.10) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets $0.25</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, SB calls $0.75.

River: ($7.10) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets $4.25</font>, Hero ......??

josie_wales
10-21-2004, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
River: ($7.10) 6 (2 players)
SB bets $4.25, Hero ......??

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold...He probably has KK. Lay it down.

jw

ScottTheFish
10-21-2004, 03:29 PM
Don't raise Preflop...at a loose table let them pay you once you've made the hand, why make pot building raises with specualative hands when they'll pay you anyway when you hit?

Anyway I think the turn raise is a bad idea. He's betting a quarter into a pot of $5.25. he either has nothing or a monster. I'd call and look like I'm afraid of the flush, and hope he either has it or my call will get him to bluff that he has it on the river.

On the river I push. If he doesn't have a flush or the other T, you're not getting another dime out of him, and if he does, he'll insta-call.

kayaker
10-21-2004, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jw

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you think he has KK? The fact that he merley completed PF? That he min-bet both the flop and the turn, then called Hero's raise both times? Or the 2/3 flop bet on the river? Nothing he's done says KK to me.

TR,
I put him on a flush, probably A-high. You've got the fourth-nuts (behind only KK, KT and Q/images/graemlins/club.gifJ/images/graemlins/club.gif). What are you waiting for? This is the kind of hand that doubles up very easily at this level. SB could have A9, K9, 66, QJ (non-club), or the flush. Push every time.

Big TR
10-21-2004, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the input. I did push, and he folded.

My thought was he had a baby flush and didn't want to risk it. I just wanted to bounce my play off a few of you for insight, not knowing if a push was too aggressive in this situation. Thanks.

amoeba
10-21-2004, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jw

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you think he has KK? The fact that he merley completed PF? That he min-bet both the flop and the turn, then called Hero's raise both times? Or the 2/3 flop bet on the river? Nothing he's done says KK to me.

TR,
I put him on a flush, probably A-high. You've got the fourth-nuts (behind only KK, KT and Q/images/graemlins/club.gifJ/images/graemlins/club.gif). What are you waiting for? This is the kind of hand that doubles up very easily at this level. SB could have A9, K9, 66, QJ (non-club), or the flush. Push every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kayaker, check your sarcasm meter /images/graemlins/wink.gif

kayaker
10-21-2004, 06:02 PM
Yeah, a fold is going to happen some times. The real question, I guess, is whether a smaller raise is more profitable. My thinking on the push is that he's already got almost 1/2 his stack in the pot, and your raise will only be 2/3 the pot. It's possible he would call a min-raise, or possibly push on his own, but I don't think the odds are any better for him to do that than calling your push.

I think you played it right.

Oh, and if I missed Josey's sarcasm, sorry. Not sure yet who does that around here, and who would say that seriously.

jmark
10-21-2004, 06:22 PM
Definitely don't raise preflop. At Party I think I'd actually fold this preflop, but with 100BB, I guess limp? (I have no idea)

I would raise more on the turn to get more into the pot there. Then he can call a bigger bet on the river.