PDA

View Full Version : hourly rate

01-15-2002, 09:42 PM
FMI...what kind of hourly rate do you think that

1. the superstars

2. the good players

expect to make in 4/8, 10/20 7 stud on Paradise

with an average of say 60-70 hands per hour.

regards, WD

01-16-2002, 03:48 AM
Hello,Wild,

Super-stars(1.5-2 BB/Hr.)

Good players(1BB/Hr.)

Sitting Bull

01-16-2002, 10:02 AM
Even at 60-70 hands/hr?

That would imply that on-line poker is generally stronger than live poker (a hypothesis that does make some sense but bears at least a little debate)

--JMike

01-16-2002, 04:10 PM

01-16-2002, 10:30 PM
I think the online players hourly expectation is much higher than a live game player. The greater number of hands per hour, and the faceless nature of the game make it more profitable (if you are a mathematically oriented player).

Online poker simply attracts more calls than live poker. Most players don't take the time and effort to pay much attention to how the other players are playing much less take notes. This allows you to bet for value much more readily than you would in a live game, as you are more likely to be called by a weak hand, with decreased risk of being raised. Combine this with reduced rake and no toking and online poker becomes very profitable, albeit more as a trapping game than trying to trick opponents out of pots.

So in conclusion i would say a decent player should make around 2.5 big bets an hour in online stud, and a superstar about 4 big bets an hour. You can probably make another .5 to 1 big bet an hour playing stud hilo, where many players seem to push high hands far too hard, even pushing a hand like Kings up heads up against an obviously made low that is simply freerolling for high.

My experience is limited to 2/4 and lower online (primarily due to paranoia over playing split pot games where collusion is very simple to get away with). I have averaged a little over 6 bets an hour in stud 8 at these levels, but i would think that the standard of play is much better at 4/8 to 10/20 and therefore less freerolls would exist.

01-16-2002, 11:03 PM

01-19-2002, 06:02 PM
Hello,

From playing 1-2 hold'en on the 'net,I tend to agree with your analysis.

I believe that as the limits increase,the chances of collusion goes up. Hence,I don't believe I would play any higher limits than 2-4 on the 'net.

Of course,I'm only spectulating. No evidence.

Sitting Bull