PDA

View Full Version : 60k in 60 days: Season 2 - Day 50 and 51

gonores
10-21-2004, 12:30 PM
Aight. I’ve at least got to give this whole “be a hero” thing a shot. If I can make a lot of things go right, I at least have a chance at getting to 60k. After the past few days, I fell a little further behind, so I’m a little over 10k behind pace that I have to make up in the next 9 days. There are a few tweaks I’m going to try to do to accomplish my goal.

- My journals will be as short as I want them to be. My posts will be models of efficiency. They also may not be out here ever second day. I'm going to cut back on 2+2 reading in general as well.
- I’ll try to play over 3k hands today. If I get over $2k in winnings, I’ll try again tomorrow and so forth.
- If I fall to the point where I need $2500 per day to make $60k, I’m going to start swinging for the fences. I’m not a tourney player, but that isn’t going to stop me from cutting my teeth on the bigger tourneys on the Party network.
- I’m trying my damndest to get up later so I can stay up later.

Two things real quick before I dispense with the results and get back to work. Firstly, the most agonizing part of this long-term dry spell I’m on is that it is bouncing me above and below the “Mike Hall” line. Who is Mike Hall? Mike Hall is the biggest no-talent waste of a suit to ever grace the ESPN airwaves. He is the winner of the first Dream Job…the ESPN reality show where contestants try out to get a job as a Sportscenter anchor. I am positive I could do a better job than he could behind the desk.

Anywho, after he won the contest, Hall’s salary was determined via a series of sports trivia questions he had to answer. He ran up his salary to $95,000 in the first year he works there. I was disgusted to learn of this. Ever since then, I decided that my goal for 2004 was to out-earn this no-talent hack. I’ve been bouncing around this number for about two weeks now, and I just want to obliterate this fool.

I also wanted to get around to the New Voters Project today. I know many of you that read this journal are college kids…this applies directly to you. This organization has a stated purpose of facilitating a larger turnout from the youth vote in this year’s election. Of course, me being a conservative and most of my age group being liberal, I’m wouldn’t exactly be wild about this, even if thought the campaign was on the up and up. Because of my obvious bias in this case, I will state just the facts and offer a very quick opinion afterward. Much of this information comes from a conservative Milwaukee talk show host I happen to know (I wish I could say we’re friends, but that’d be exaggeration).

- On the NVP website, the project has claimed support from many conservative-leaning organizations, such as several financial institutions and the Archdiocese of Milwuakee, that, upon hearing the news that they are supported this organization, angrily denied any sort of allegiance.
- The person heading the NVP effort in Wisconsin is a registered democrat. Two front office NVP organizers in Wisconsin have been convicted of voter fraud in other states.
- Front-line recruiters are paid on a commission basis for every voter they register. This is completely legal (for some reason I can’t understand). There are very few cross-check points to ensure that each person these people register are actually “real” and not manifestations to boost the recruiter’s commission.
- NVP has fought to have extra ballots brought in to many cities across the state.

It doesn’t take a genius to realize that this is a recipe for voter fraud. I know the NVP has been canvassing campuses around the nation, and I bet many of you have already had an encounter with scum from this organization. If you have not encountered the NVP yet, I urge you to withhold everything, even your name, from these people. Talk to the Jehovahs instead.

OK…Day 50. As I mentioned in my previous journal, I planned on getting to Potowatomi for some live poker. Unfortunately, that didn’t work out, and I killed most of my morning driving toward Milwaukee. I got back and I still didn’t feel like playing too vigorously. So I did a little PT analysis. Some tidbits of info I picked up

- Last 35k hands: 2.11BB/100
- Previous 35k hands: 3.95BB/100
- During last 35K hands, I’m seeing 7% or 8% less showdowns (from 37% to 34.5%). My win % at showdown is still lower than it was during the previous set of hands. I still think I need to get the WtSD up.
- There are a lot of plays I am making that make me say “Wow…I wasn’t making these plays a month ago…Yay me!”
- There are a lot of play I am making that make me say “Wow…I wasn’t making these plays a month ago…wtf is my problem?”
- I stepped up my river bluffing frequency substantially and I can say with near certainty that it is more profitable…even without the bonus image points.

I played approximately 1000 hands on Day 50 and put up a loss of $264.50. Meh.

Day 51: God might hate me. I woke up and had to pick up my cell phone, which was shipped away for repairs a few weeks ago. I get to the store and get in line. It’s seven deep. After the whole incident was over, my friends informed me that it would have been a good idea to get the hell out of there and find a slower time to handle my business. Unfortunately for me, I hate talking on the phone, and as such, haven’t really made it into a cell phone store thus far in my life. I’m on a family plan and send a check home every month and every time I pick up my phone to make a call, it’s on and activated, so I don’t think much of it. Anywho, long story short, I ended up waiting for 3.5 hours cuz I’m a dumbass and it ate away at my already limited hours on the day. Between that incident, two trips to the gym, and two baseball games that needed my attention, I was happy to get in 2000 hands. Fortunately, I put up a $1334.33 win, so I didn’t fall too far behind my $2000 per day pace. Plus I got my Rich Uncle Pennybags costume all hooked up and en route to me.

Total through Day 51: $40957.92

PS: If you already own Ready to Die, the remastered reissue of the album is still worth a purchase. I’m falling in love with Biggie all over again.

jujujaja34
10-21-2004, 12:41 PM
Gonores,

Good post as always...

[ QUOTE ]
- Last 35k hands: 2.11BB/100
- Previous 35k hands: 3.95BB/100

[/ QUOTE ]

Regardless of your "true" win rate, this really goes to show how long even the short term really is.

jujujaja34

WeissMAN
10-21-2004, 12:55 PM
hi, im new to the forum, but i read your posts and am very interested in learning who you are, the simple fact that you are a conservative(thank god i wish there were more of us) and the fact that you can't stand Mike Hall(WHAT A [censored] LOWLIFE) anyway i play poker for a living as well...i was wondering 1) how old are you? and 2) where can i find the rest of this jorunal...pelase contact me on AIM as WeissMAN420 or yahoo messanger as Pills71 or MSN messanger as fortyquarters@yahoo.com

fsuplayer
10-21-2004, 01:00 PM
gonores-
you are a results oriented fish who lacks the desire and work ethic to ever amount to anything in poker.

oh...are we...ummm... not doing that anymore?

anyways---

I couldn't help but notice that your severe drop in win rate lines up closely with the date that Fsuplayer joined DougieFish's games. Coincidence? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

gl the rest of the quest. i will PM you my exact playing schedule to better help your chances /images/graemlins/wink.gif

fsuplayer

gonores
10-21-2004, 01:02 PM
I turn 23 in November. If you click on my name to the left of these posts, you'll be connected to my profile. In the lower right corner, you'll see a link for "show all users posts." That will direct you toward my previous entries.

gonores
10-21-2004, 01:05 PM
Actually, the plummet is more in line with when I started spitting in the faces of the poker gods.

Which reminds me...the poker gods need another golden shower from yours truly.

I still ain't bowing to those manifestations of the weak.

Schneids
10-21-2004, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I couldn't help but notice that your severe drop in win rate lines up closely with the date that Fsuplayer joined DougieFish's games. Coincidence?

[/ QUOTE ]

Interestingly enough Dougiefish ran real well while I was playing nearly daily, then I had a two-week off spell the first half of October and he started running worse.

Coincidence? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

bonanz
10-21-2004, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PS: If you already own Ready to Die, the remastered reissue of the album is still worth a purchase. I’m falling in love with Biggie all over again.

[/ QUOTE ]

is there anything new on the remastered one?

gonores
10-21-2004, 02:51 PM
No...although there is a DVD that comes with it.

The increase in sound quality is worth it though.

jasonHoldEm
10-21-2004, 03:20 PM
Best of luck in the home stretch. Don't get discouraged if you fail to hit your target...it's just a number...the journey is what matters.

Peace,
J

fsuplayer
10-21-2004, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Interestingly enough Dougiefish ran real well while I was playing nearly daily, then I had a two-week off spell the first half of October and he started running worse.

Coincidence?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well its fairly obvious what is going on here...

schneids< gonores < fsuplayer /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bunky9590
10-21-2004, 06:19 PM
Keep your head up dougie. I'll see you in a couple weeks.

Keep kicking ass.

FrankLu99
10-21-2004, 08:34 PM
wtg!

You have inspired me to aim for $6k in 120 days. Too bad I have neither the time at home or the endurance to attempt such as task.

I would need to avg $50 a day and if I played 2 hours a day at 4 tables at the microlimits then I guess that is feasible. It sounds fun, maybe i will try next year.