PDA

View Full Version : Pokerstars window preemption

betgo
10-21-2004, 12:10 PM
Pokerstars always worked for me so that if it was awaiting a decision from me in one game it would not switch to another game. Now it switches to a different table before I have responded on the current one. This results in my sometimes taking an action at the wrong table, and it is also difficult to follow with the switching between tables.

I hit something on my PC so that the taskbar appears at the right rather than the bottom. After this I had the problem with PokerStars and PartyPoker also behaved differently: it doesn't switch automatically to a different game when it is time for me to act. This PartyPoker problem is less costly, as I can respond to the flashing icon, but it sometimes slows down my play.

I contacted PokerStars about this. Their response is that PokerStars sometimes behaves incorrectly on older operating systems, and that I should upgrade from ME to a newer version of Windows. I don't want to do this for various reasons, and I am not sure that it would solve the problem. They also said I could drag the task bar from the right to the bottom, which I can't.

Does anyone know if there are any configuration changes I can make on PokerStars or my PC so that other tables do not come up on the screen while I am considering my decision at a table?

M.B.E.
10-21-2004, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Their response is that PokerStars sometimes behaves incorrectly on older operating systems, and that I should upgrade from ME to a newer version of Windows. I don't want to do this for various reasons

[/ QUOTE ]
I upgraded from ME to XP a few months ago (on recommendation of PokerStars support, as it happens) and am very glad I did. ME just was not that stable an operating system.

The process of upgrading took an hour or two using CD; it didn't disturb any of the files on my hard drive that I care about. The only thing is you have to uninstall virus-protection software before upgrading, then reinstall it afterwards.