PDA

View Full Version : ATs

MAxx
10-21-2004, 10:04 AM
Slight read: Button is too loose, and plays too many hands.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (7 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB

My Question here is about the river. Generally I have wanted to maintain my aggresion, and this has overidden caution in many cases against backdoor flushes. Any advice?

imitation
10-21-2004, 10:32 AM
nah all good cut sick on that river, you certainly aren't folding to the cap.

MAxx
10-21-2004, 10:47 AM
Do you cut sick here too?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, CO calls All-IN, Hero calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB

fsuplayer
10-21-2004, 10:57 AM
I would play them both the exact same way Maxx.

imitation
10-21-2004, 10:59 AM
I most certainly do

PokerNoob
10-21-2004, 12:49 PM
Hand 1: He raises the river without 3-betting the turn after the raise/checkraise war? He's AK hearts or if he's extra loosey goosey KT hearts that figured he was behind to a set or two pair on the turn. I really don't see how you can 3-bet unless he would normally look at that board and think AK not hearts is still good after the turn and he's going to "pop you on the river".

Hand 2: Utterly dependent on your read of the idiocy of BB. Would he cap with a tiny pair (or even 88 and AA) and then slowplay? I think you'll see AK clubs here more often than not after the river raise. You may even see A5s not necessarily clubs dependent on the level of buffoonery.

wahooriver
10-21-2004, 01:02 PM
I hate both these situations. Too often I do get rivered in these situations.

Since you are very unlikely to fold, why would BB bet? You are either facing a flush or 2 pair.

Now how do we estimate the probabilities of each (being the good Bayesian's that we are)?

I believe that the flush likelihood is at least 50%, thus I would either bet-call, or check-call. But then I do get conservative on the river (much higher turn aggression).

spider
10-21-2004, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Slight read: Button is too loose, and plays too many hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does he also not fold enough pre-flop? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, I just call river unless button is terrible.

You're representing a pretty big hand here with that board and I can't really think of many worse hands where he would raise the river and then call a 3-bet. Certainly, he could be bluffing but he's just folding to your 3-bet so nothing gained in that event.

Granted, you don't much fear the backdoor flush when you bet out. But after he raises... I'm curious what range of hands folks are putting him on here that justifies the river 3-bet.

I'm presuming suited king here, or was it even worse than that?

MAxx
10-21-2004, 06:27 PM
Hand One: Villain has AK /images/graemlins/heart.gif. My read did not really apply to this hand, as it turns out bad players sometimes get good cards. While I think he should have 3bet pre-flop, he played the hand very well overall. I was only ahead on the turn.

Hand 2: BB had AT /images/graemlins/club.gif. I think he should have folded pf instead of Cap. Once he bloated the pot, he played the hand pretty decently from flop on.

Well- I am hearing that some of the more aggressive players would have played it like me, and that some more cautious players would not 3bet river. Have not made up mind totally, but thanks for your comments.